Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today
reply to Oregonian

Re: [Troubleshooting] MiFi 4620L Firmware Won't Update

I had no problem's at all upgrading, are you guy's in good signal area's or bad.

jrp78

@myvzw.com

The update does nothing to improve service. Mine is failing too but i'm in no rush to fix it because there is not fixes or enhancements.

»support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/···620l.pdf

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

Hey jrp78 thanks for posting this. The change in 3.20.03.1 is:

"Firmware will be updated to enable the device to receive future software updates successfully."

Of course, if I can't successfully update my MiFi to this version then I can't get it to "...receive future software updates successfully." It's kind of a never ending circle, dontcha think?

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to bcltoys

I had a solid 5 bars when I tried the update. It seemed to download the update OK then said it would be 2 minutes or so to complete the upgrade but the MiFi rebooted in only about 5 seconds so I figured it didn't get the upgrade. When I checked, sure enough, the upgrade didn't take. I tried several times with no success.

I haven't yet tried pulling the battery and SIM as suggested by Jim_in_VA See Profile but, based on others who tried doing this, I am not holding out much hope for success.

jrp

@myvzw.com
reply to Oregonian

Yep, quite funny ain't it? I had to manually update a 4510 a while back and the verizon page had instructions on how to download the firmware and tool but I'm not seeing anything like that for 4620, just the OTA update via the admin page.

jrp

@myvzw.com
reply to Oregonian

FYI, I have tried a battery pull, sim pull and a factory reset but it still fails for me.