Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to balur

Premium Member

to balur

Re: Smoking ban inside your condo - Bylaw passed

said by balur:

Wish my strata would implement this, i'm really sick of finding cigarette butts on my deck from idiots who throw them off the balcony from floors above.

That would not stop it. Smokers will keep doing it. They are dirty and inconsiderate when it comes to disposing of butts.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

toss them back up onto their balcony
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

They are dirty and inconsiderate when it comes to disposing of butts.

You gotta love the idiots who think if they remove ashtrays or other butt receptacles that smokers will not smoke there. Then the same idiots get their panties in a knot when butts are thrown asunder in the vicinity.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

said by peterboro:

said by donoreo:

You gotta love the idiots who think if they remove ashtrays or other butt receptacles that smokers will not smoke there. Then the same idiots get their panties in a knot when butts are thrown asunder in the vicinity.

Even with the ashtrays... At work there are "Butt Stop" cans (trash cans for cigarette butts) where the smokers are allowed to smoke near the building, but they seem to make it a point to throw them on the ground. Of course that means paying someone to clean up the mess regularly.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by MichelR:

Even with the ashtrays... At work there are "Butt Stop" cans (trash cans for cigarette butts) where the smokers are allowed to smoke near the building, but they seem to make it a point to throw them on the ground. Of course that means paying someone to clean up the mess regularly.

Those would be the small minority of self absorbed types we have numerous threads about in other venues of their lives. I'm sure cavemen found discarded bones in the common area or even in front of their caves from the same types eons ago.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to MichelR

Premium Member

to MichelR
said by MichelR:

said by peterboro:

said by donoreo:

I see this all the time too.

agtle
@teksavvy.com

agtle

Anon

said by donoreo:

I see this all the time too.

what makes me see red are the gum spitters. At least butts can be cleaned up, gum spots are forever.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

That would not stop it. Smokers will keep doing it. They are dirty and inconsiderate when it comes to disposing of butts.

It's almost like they are marking their territory, as dogs and cats do.

-------------------------------------------

I am SO tired of people tossing LIT cigarette butts out of their cars, they always seem to roll under MY car when I am stopped at a red light. One day my fricking car will blow up.

And they just dump loads of butts on the ground outside the doors of buildings, etc, even when receptacles are available.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford

MVM

Those damn LIT cigarette butts can prove to be a real bother for those who allow their vehicles to piss flammable liquids all over the road.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

And they just dump loads of butts on the ground outside the doors of buildings, etc, even when receptacles are available.

Here at the Peterborough Regional Health Center the CEO and his minions who don't smoke decided two years ago to ban smoking anywhere on the property and not put in a designated smoking area, even a remote one.

So patients, some in wheelchairs or with IV poles, plus staff and visitors dragged themselves up hills covered in ice to get out to the road.

As the moron CEO decided to punish smokers with no smoking area, and thus butt receptacles, the smokers then are forced to deposit the butts on the ground.

If I were a smoker I would do the same thing. Send a big fuck you to the self righteous idiots in the sunshine club who perpetuate this farce.

Last year they tried to send the local anti smoking Nazi around to harass smokers. That backfired as the lawyer for someone who got charged found out that the hospital doesn't actually own all the property it sits on.

So now in an ironic twist everyone gets to smoke closer to the building legally in a confined area but the zealots up in administration who make millions in salaries still refuse to put in ashtrays.