uniqs
share rss forum feed

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Basic DVR without renting from comcast, and not using a pc

Wow, Tivo must love you. He only records 20 shows a year. Lets see a new tivo around 300.00 and 12 dollars a month. That only comes out to about 44.00 a recording for the first year.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

said by rody_44:

Wow, Tivo must love you. He only records 20 shows a year. Lets see a new tivo around 300.00 and 12 dollars a month. That only comes out to about 44.00 a recording for the first year.

You can get a new Tivo for $100. You can pay either a "lifetime" fee of $500 or pay $15 per month for the service. Either way you'll have to pay the monthly cable card fee.

Tivo's aren't cheap, but they're probably the best dvr available for cable subscribers. Well, I actually feel that pc dvr solutions are the best, but a lot of people would have problems setting one up.

I don't own a Tivo or work for them. I have Dish Network plus a usb pc tuner for ota recording. DirectTV and Dish Network's dvr's make cabelco boxes look like something out of the stone age. If I switched to cable, I sure as hell would bite the bullet and pay for a cable card solution for a dvr.