Search similar:

uniqs

Blawson
@sbcglobal.net

Blawson

Anon

win7 crash with bsod

"Hello all,

I'm having issues with an HP Pavilion Elite HPE. It repeatedly crashes to a BSOD.

Originally I thought it was the video card, because it seemed to only happen when gaming, but I tried a different card, with the same result of a crash to a BSOD.

The computer has also started crashing when just sitting on the desktop.

Some of the error codes it has given me are 0x00000034, 0x0000003B, 0x0000001e, 0x0000007e.

I also have the minidump files but I'm not sure how to open them, and doubt I would be able to find anything if them if I could.

Thanks for any help!"

My thread for this was more than 2 weeks old so I could no longer update it.

Hello Auggy,

This is my wife's computer and after you suggestion to take the ram out and add one back at a time to see if it stays stable she decided to buy new ram. It worked fine for 2 weeks, absolutely no issues, but today started crashing again.

I have attached the 2 dump files.

Original thread:

»win7 crash with bsod
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

The 2 dumps provided are for the same type of crash code x7e. If you have other dumps you should post them as well. These 2 dumps both point to dxgmms1.sys, which is a Directx video related resource. It could be pointing back to your video or memory, or it could be just a corrupt DirectX install due to the swapping of video cards,etc. You could try removing DirectX and reinstall it and then just wait and see.

Blawson
@sbcglobal.net

Blawson

Anon

I don't have any other dump files since I installed the new ram, should I post some of the ones from a few weeks ago?

I wasn't sure how to remove DirectX, a few websites claimed it couldn't be done, but I found and ran this: »www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· px?id=35

DirectX End-User Run Time Web Installer.

Thanks for any more help.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to Blawson

Premium Member

to Blawson
At this point, lets just wait and see what, if any other crashes might occur.