spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Green5
join:2010-03-15

Green5

[TV] DCR; Is this how it works?

Cisco DVR 8742....

Watching a show off the Show List, 2 Scheduled Recordings set for the same time begin, I get kicked out of the Show I was watching....and the screen goes to one of the shows that was being recording. I can then go back to the Show List and select the show I had been watching.

This must be a software design....I have 2 8742's and tried them both, both run as described above.

Even though this appears to be as designed, perhaps in future software releases this could be refined to avoid this from happening?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Did you also send aan email aboit this to which I recently replied asking you what color your guide is.....I need to know before I answer.
Green5

Green5

No.....was not me

But my Guide is still the Blue one; its has not updated to the grey one as yet; TampaBay\Pinellas
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Green5:

No.....was not me

But my Guide is still the Blue one; its has not updated to the grey one as yet; TampaBay\Pinellas

Okay just making sure. Once you go to the dark guide this issue will be fixed. It is a transition thing in between updates (there were two that get you the new guide) and once you get the last one life will be fine again
Green5

Green5

Thanks....maybe that also accounts for why I have seen some Micro-Blocking on a few of my programs recorded over the past week. Had no issues up until just this past week....they are minor and nothing that concerns me....but just maybe it is a temp thing....during this transition......
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Green5

Premium Member

to Green5
Not the macroblocking....just the other weirdness