All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jamblaster
@sbcglobal.net

Jamblaster

Anon

Voip With DSL Extreme without AT&T Phone Line?

Is this possible because I tried to call in to ask and nobody is there today and the LiveChat can't answer the question. I just want to tell AT&T to go away and use DSL Extreme DSL service with Ooma Telo Voip.
mitpatterson
Premium Member
join:2012-09-17
Toledo, OH

mitpatterson

Premium Member

From the FAQ you still need to keep a basic line with ATT, then you can use Ooma for long distance and stuff.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Yeah. Unfortunately, you'll still need the live line, typically. If you want to shoot me your telephone number and address via PM I can double-check that for you, but that's the usual rule in AT&T service areas.

dslx_steve
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA

dslx_steve to Jamblaster

Premium Member

to Jamblaster
You might want to contact AT&T and see if they still offer 'measured' or 'metered' service. AT&T metered service reduces your monthly service charge in exchange for charging per minute for phone calls. Assuming you won't be using the phone for voice calls, you should not incur any per-minute call charges. Contact AT&T for pricing info on metered service.

garabed
@verizon.net

garabed to Jamblaster

Anon

to Jamblaster
I am currently using google voice with an Obi to connect my cordless phone, and aside from my crappy connection it works fine.