Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to rchrd

Re: Would You Recommend Sonic.Net ?

I recommend Sonic.net all the time whenever the topic of Internet service comes up in a conversation. I used to have Sonic legacy DSL and switched to Fusion when it became available here.

Those of my neighbors that have switched to Sonic.net are all happy with it despite the fact that our neighborhood is close to the 2 mile mark from the CO (and therefore we don't get anywhere close to the fantastic speed offered by Fusion). I have dual line bonded Fusion to get the speeds I want.

Sonic.net is great for those that want affordable, reliable, unrestricted and unlimited Internet service (and Phone service in the case of Fusion). Depending on your distance from the CO Fusion may not be for those whose primary interest is to have the fastest Internet access possible. However I don't understand that mentality anyway, the faster speed only allows them to reach their bandwidth cap sooner.

The only valid reason not to sign up with Sonic Fusion is that it isn't available at a particular address (not in Sonic.net service area or too far from the CO or phone line served from RT or VRAD instead of CO).
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

rchrd

join:2006-01-09
Oakland, CA

Well, this all sounds very good. I've scanned the forums here and on the sonic.net website and things look generally positive.

This morning I called the sales office and had a remarkably informative conversation with them.

So, I submitted an application and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.

Zeonis

join:2009-03-16
reply to leibold

said by leibold:

The only valid reason not to sign up with Sonic Fusion is that it isn't available at a particular address (not in Sonic.net service area or too far from the CO or phone line served from RT or VRAD instead of CO).

The only valid reason? I take issue with that... Anyone in my neighborhood would experience the same issue as I did which was proven by a Sonic.net tech. I can't speak for other neighborhoods but you get my point.