spc
Search similar:

uniqs
quickguide1
join:2010-02-10

quickguide1 to shawnunder7

to shawnunder7

Re: [TWC] New Modem Lease Fee NYC

Another question. In our bill i see it charged us the modem fee and it dates november 9 to december 8. Does that mean i have to return the modem back to time warner the latest is december 1 or so if i don't want to get charged the following month? Since its now november 10th, that means even if i return it say this week, i'm charged no matter what?

I do know for example if i were to cancel my time warner road runner now... i would only be charged for whatever amount of days i used since last time i changed from time warner to earth link like 1/3rd into the month and got a refund back from time warner of 2/3rd the month and i obviously got charged for earthlink though. I assume this monthly fee they charge, they won't even return 1/2 of it even if you return it say 1/2 the time into the period? Yea its only $2 or so but I'm curious.

Also, do you guys go and bring the modem to the time warner place or do you mail it back?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to quickguide1

MVM,

to quickguide1
You cannot use a EuroDOCSIS Modem on TWC. As long as the SB5101 is from the US, it'll work. I don't think the U in the SB5101U indicates it's from the US, it's just a different version of the SB5101.

Technically, you can use any DOCSIS2/3 modem with TWC. As long as you can get the customer service rep to enter the MAC address, it'll work.

As for the bill, I believe they'll prorate even the modem fee.

Terrys spot

Anon

Hi, I live in Southport,NC. Below Wilimington. I received my "card" About the $3.95 per month charge. So Ny Ker's You are not the only ones... I have a Motorola SB5120...I contacted TW Chat. They told me it was not approved and would not address. By what i have been reading here, that's not true?

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers to shawnunder7

Premium Member

to shawnunder7
SB5101U and SB5101 are the exact same modem provisionally - one simply has a pointless ethernet cutoff button.

posts about people getting away with using an SB5120 or other modems not on the list are purely anecdotal.
adrman
Premium Member
join:2007-08-23
New York, NY

adrman

Premium Member

said by Packeteers:

one simply has a pointless ethernet cutoff button.

It's not pointless. It's there for your wife to accidentally hit while cleaning and drive you crazy until you figure it out.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob to shawnunder7

Premium Member

to shawnunder7
I just ordered an SB6141 from EBay. Brand new, free shipping. $92.89.
popartist
join:2005-08-06
Brooklyn, NY

popartist to shawnunder7

to shawnunder7
Have RR Standard and. unlike most here, I went with a SBG901 that I got on Amazon for $89. I have been wanting wireless for awhile (and just purchased a new tablet), so I wanted an all-in-one solution, rather than a cheap modem and a cheap router (which likely would have cost about the same in total). A far reaching wireless range was not a consideration as I live in a studio apt.

It was pretty easy to set up - did it the Sunday afternoon when Sandy was approaching (but hadn't hit yet) so the wait time on the phone was about 20 mins., and it took under 15 mins. to get the modem provisioned and on the network. This was just with regular customer service. Internet was acting a little funky right after that for the rest of the afternoon, but by the next day (Sandy) and since, everything has been working very smoothly, and my tablet and phone have been fine connecting with the wireless. The included software basically did all the settings. Couldn't be happier with the whole set-up.