spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bayside2842

join:2012-09-29
Bayside, NY

[TWC] Modem Lease Fee to begin in NYC on 10/15/12 Enough!!!

I just received a post card in the mail today informing me that as of October 15, 2012, an Internet Modem Lease Fee will be applied to TWC provided internet modems at the rate of $3.95 per month. Of course, if I would like to use my own modem I can visit twc.com/approveddevices for a list of approved modems. That reveals websites at Amazon.com and Bestbuy.com among others that sell modems that one has to install oneself that will cost approximately the equivalent of three years worth of leasing fees (assuming, naively of course, that the fee will not increase during that time!). I have had cable service in my home since 1984 when it first came to Bayside as BQ cable. In all these years, I have NEVER made a late payment and now that I am a Senior Citizen on a fixed income, I totally resent this nickel and dime attitude of corporate America. I tried calling this morning and was on hold interminably, unable to leave a message for a call back because the message box was full. I eventually did chat on my computer and am expecting a call from a supervisor at Customer Retention tomorrow or Monday. Although I love NY1, I am ready to call Verizon in for a FiOs Quote to compare services and end more than a quarter century with Cable TV and TWC. Anyone else want to join me? As said in the movie, "Network," I am sick and tired....!!!

lil123

@rr.com

tell me about twc . People pennies makes warner"s richer . I hate to pay $3.95 extra. I am switching to verizon.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

That's almost $4 X 12 million.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to bayside2842

Is it only in NYC right now? Or are other cities will be getting the same? I assume you are all old subscribers that don't get leased modem fees.

TWC hater

@rr.com
reply to bayside2842

I am changing to Verizon.. same plan is lot cheaper for me. even before counting modem lease fee...
TWC needs to change the attitude....

bidger

join:2009-12-23
Elmira, NY
reply to bayside2842

I thought about upgrading to DOCSIS 3.0, but since I have a Motor SBG-901 that I own I'll just stand pat.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to TWC hater

said by TWC hater :

I am changing to Verizon.. same plan is lot cheaper for me. even before counting modem lease fee...
TWC needs to change the attitude....

I wished I could do that, but both Verizon home areas don't have FIOS (available in both cities too) and DSL!

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
reply to bayside2842

Closing this thread - the other one on the same topic has more activity - »[TWC] New Modem Lease Fee NYC
--
Ad astra per alas porci!!