spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dcorreia
join:2003-08-08
Mississauga, ON

dcorreia to dex1d

to dex1d

Re: Anyone else having connection problems atm?

I think it's a bigger issue than DNS. A friend of my has Rogers Internet and had her do a traceroute to one of my servers and it seems to die between Rogers and Cogent.

Anonymus
@rogers.com

Anonymus to yyzlhr

Anon

to yyzlhr
Fibre cut is in Mississauga area

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

Well, why don't RIM oops Rogers just reroute around the affected lines? Surely Rogers can't be that incompetent that they let half of Ontario go down.

Who's running the tech show at Rogers? Bozo the clown??

The first thing you would build into a network is a backup system..........

Where's all these "Network upgrades" we get ripped off for yearly??

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

1 recommendation

DKS to dex1d

to dex1d
Rogers is having a serious outage.

Stanislav
@rogers.com

Stanislav to dex1d

Anon

to dex1d
Change your DNS to Google DNS and the issue will be is resolved. Now stop whining people and get to work!

KBBuzz
@bmo.com

KBBuzz

Anon

I am likely only one who doesn't know how to do that (change DNS to Google). any chance you might help?

Anonymus
@rogers.com

Anonymus to dex1d

Anon

to dex1d
Brampton: internet for me is stop and go loads and then stops loading....1888 rogers1 also says number cannot be reached as well sometimes busy tone....craptastic weekend
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to dex1d

to dex1d
Sure, change to Google DNS and let them track ALL your internet activity. Or, you could choose the fastest DNS servers.

»www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Anon
@rogers.com

Anon to dex1d

Anon

to dex1d
Techs are en route to fix the issue. Hold times for Rogers are over 2 hours. So dont bother calling in.

anon
@rogers.com

anon to Anonymus

Anon

to Anonymus
If this is helpful in any way: I logged into my modem, chose the "Wireless" options and changed the DNS server numbers (either to 8.8.8.8 or one of those listed on the website JAC70 linked above)

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

jmck to elitefx

to elitefx
there's over 50% packet loss between Cogent and Rogers right now because of the cut and lack of capacity. only way around it is to wait for them to fix the cut fiber so so capacity can be increased.

if you have access to a VPN provider or can tunnel your data through a route that doesn't go through Cogent, it should be a lot better.

edit: i read above mention of a cut, is this confirmed anywhere?
ranma006
join:2012-09-30

ranma006 to dex1d

to dex1d
How do I change my DNS?

I am using a Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway router.. if that helps.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to dex1d

to dex1d
RogersHelps on Twitter reported this around 9:30pm:

Internet issues some wireline / wireless customers were experiencing should now be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I was out for a few minutes just after 8pm yesterday. Only downtime I noticed but then again I wasn't connected all day...

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to ranma006

Premium Member

to ranma006
said by ranma006:

How do I change my DNS?

I am using a Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway router.. if that helps.

»developers.google.com/sp ··· cs/using

Instructions apply to any DNS servers.

Changing the settings in your router depends on the the make and model. But basically if you change them in windows, the client doesn't use the router's settings for DNS. But the settings will be specific to the PC you changed the settings on, not anyone connected to your router/modem.

Even though the problem has apparently been fixed, probably not a bad idea to try it out and write down some alternate DNS server settings someplace.

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer to dex1d

Premium Member

to dex1d
OpenDNS for me. It is very fast and filters out a lot of garbage. It also is quick to warn users off accidental navigation to dangerous web sites.

luke2k
@thebiz.net

luke2k to dex1d

Anon

to dex1d
I think it's more than DNS problem. I had all kind of problems from Rogers yesterday. Now I am in Hamilton with Bell Fibe 25 and the same thing happens. Some web sites never respond or take a long time to load. When I ping with the web site, the IP resolved right away, just didn't get a response. Some fiber somewhere got cut affecting both Rogers and Bell