join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA to fuziwuzi

Premium Member

to fuziwuzi

Re: More aggressive pricing

You should try and actually travel. It's a pretty sad life never going out and exploring the world.

@tiger72: I've tested over 200kbps on EDGE. Oftentimes it is slow, but not always.

My AT&T data is pretty reliable, except at work, with the in-building repeater system that seems to have issues. The other three carriers have very weak service, so AT&T is still the best there.

There are many areas around me, here along the NEC and a few miles away from I-95 that don't have any T-Mo service, but the entire state (CT) has AT&T fake 4G, and it's fast, even out in the woods.

I've seen T-Mobile service. It's horrible, at least in terms of consistency. When it has 3G service, it's really fast, but half the time it has weak or no service. AT&T and Verizon usually have service.

@TuxRaiderPen: AT&T and Verizon are on par nationally, just not in every market. Some are better on AT&T, some on Verizon. Either one will have coverage in 95% of places. Not so for T-Mo and Sprint (Sprint will roam on Verizon a lot).

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by BiggA:

You should try and actually travel. It's a pretty sad life never going out and exploring the world.

Are you for real? I travel all over the world, I just returned from living 3 months in China, with travel to Tokyo, Taiwan, and Honolulu thrown in. And I most certainly don't lead a sad life, especially not one sponging off my parents. Have you paid a phone bill yet?
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

If you travel one quarter that well, you'd find yourself in the US with no T-Mobile service quite often.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by BiggA:

If you travel one quarter that well, you'd find yourself in the US with no T-Mobile service quite often.

Sorry to tell you, but that is a lie.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

No it's not. Unless T-Mobile has about 25,000 towers that are magically not on their maps. And half of those have 3G. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

said by BiggA:

No it's not. Unless T-Mobile has about 25,000 towers that are magically not on their maps. And half of those have 3G. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

T-Mobile has 30,000 towers...

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA
said by BiggA:

Unless you actually get out of your Mom's basement, you don't know where I travel and you don't know the service I receive. As I've told you again and again, I travel to all the major metropolitan areas of the US... you know, where the MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LIVE. And in ALL OF THOSE PLACES I have full HSPA+ service with T-Mobile. You keep saying that isn't so, but you lie. You lie repeatedly and often. Stop it.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA to tiger72

Premium Member

to tiger72
Right. And they would need another 25,000 to get anywhere near AT&T and T-Mobile. Likely more than that.

@fuziwuzi: You should try getting out there and actually traveling. Away from the busy, polluted cities. You wouldn't have T-Mobile service in a lot of those places. Of course any sh*t carrier is going to work if you're always within 5 feet of the freeway near a big city.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

said by BiggA:

Right. And they would need another 25,000 to get anywhere near AT&T and T-Mobile. Likely more than that.

@fuziwuzi: You should try getting out there and actually traveling. Away from the busy, polluted cities. You wouldn't have T-Mobile service in a lot of those places. Of course any sh*t carrier is going to work if you're always within 5 feet of the freeway near a big city.

I'm curious what destinations are so far away from highways that you think are so great to visit that dont even have roaming coverage?

Or is roaming not sufficient? If not, why?

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA
said by BiggA:

I don't need to go to those places. The vast majority of people in this country don't go to those places. That's why the vast majority of people don't need to pay double the price for services they don't need. What is it that you don't understand about not wanting to pay for something I don't need? Your mom might have money to burn, but I don't. When you actually pay for something yourself, you tend to be more cautious about getting the most value for your money.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

You should try leaving the freeways once in a while and enjoy life. It's a pretty sad existence never seeing a place with more trees than people.

Value. Value is having a phone that works. Works is AT&T or Verizon. Not the sh*t carriers.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

said by BiggA:

You should try leaving the freeways once in a while and enjoy life. It's a pretty sad existence never seeing a place with more trees than people.

Value. Value is having a phone that works. Works is AT&T or Verizon. Not the sh*t carriers.

Again.

I'm curious what destinations are so far away from highways that you think are so great to visit that dont even have roaming coverage?

Or is roaming not sufficient? If not, why?

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA
said by BiggA:

My phone works everywhere I go. If those places you talk about were so important, there would be more people there and thus more coverage. I don't need to pay for something I will never use. I travel far more than you, I am quite certain. At least I pay for my own service instead of mooching off of someone else. Try it sometime.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA to tiger72

Premium Member

to tiger72
Roaming is very limited, both in speed (limited to 200kbps, IIRC) and data consumption. There is another issue, in that T-Mobile has a huge middleground, where T-Mobile has GPRS or EDGE, and AT&T has Faux G, so you won't roam in the first place, but still get crappy coverage. And then you roam on the limited, slowed down AT&T roaming.

If T-Mobile has 100% HSPA+ on their small network, and roaming was full speed and had a gig of data or something, I'd be inclined to agree. But none of those three factors are true in the current situation.

Many parts of New Hampshire, for example, don't have native T-Mobile, or they will have native T-Mobile EDGE on one tower in the main town, and nothing else. While AT&T is also a PCS carrier up there, they are on a lot more towers, and they have a lot of Faux G, and it's fast. Even parts of CT where I've used Faux G on AT&T have no T-Mobile service. Alaska has little or no native T-Mobile at all, all across the country except for California and Florida really. In those two states, T-Mobile goes head to head with AT&T for coverage. They are also both weak Verizon states.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

If I lived in those places, I would get a different carrier. But, I don't. Where I live and where I travel, which are places that comprise the vast majority of the US population, T-Mobile has excellent HSPA+ coverage at a price nearly half that of AT&T. That's the facts. Case closed. Goodbye.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

You should try traveling somewhere that's not entirely covered by asphalt, concrete, and T-Mobile antennas. It's nice to get out and see the world. Not just the concrete world.

Also, T-Mo isn't half the price of AT&T, it's maybe $10-$15 less. And their coverage is substantially less than AT&T. Those are the facts. If you look at the amount of coverage relative to cost, AT&T is a much better VALUE. That's a FACT.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

No.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72 to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA
said by BiggA:

You should try traveling somewhere that's not entirely covered by asphalt, concrete, and T-Mobile antennas. It's nice to get out and see the world. Not just the concrete world.

Also, T-Mo isn't half the price of AT&T, it's maybe $10-$15 less. And their coverage is substantially less than AT&T. Those are the facts. If you look at the amount of coverage relative to cost, AT&T is a much better VALUE. That's a FACT.

"Get out and see the world"
But make sure you have ultra fast service, because its not very interesting anyways and you'll want to be on your phone the entire time.
LOL
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

What if I can't get there because my phone has no service to get maps....

Many places have apps or resources online to enhance a visit as well. Of course those only work if you have service.
« SolaveiThis the one? »
This is a sub-selection from More aggressive pricing