spc
Search similar:

uniqs

GeeMoe
@rr.com

GeeMoe

Anon

[Internet] Help! My BH Earthlink service was better than Lighten

Please forgive my ignorance but I'm basically an “I want it to work and I don’t care how it does” -kind of guy. What I know is that I had the Bright House EarthLink service for years. This spring I finally bit the bullet and switched to Road Runner Lightening. Big difference huh? No way! The technician (generous term) installed a Ubee DDW3611 modem; went to the speed test site, and showed me I was getting incredible speed; provided me with no information not even my new R.R. email address and left. Before he reached the stop sign at the corner I was disappointed. THIS couldn’t be what I was now paying big bucks for. No noticeable difference at all, in fact, poorer performance than I had before. I was now waiting for simple YouTube videos to load. A day or so later I called Bright House to complain and they checked things “from their end” and told me I am getting speed as advertised. There were no changes to my system other than the new connection.
SOMETHING is obviously wrong. Help. What could it be? Kaspersky? Firewall?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Re: [Internet] Help! My BH Earthlink service was better than Lig

Please open a direct forums thread so I can take a look and yes it could be your firewall...turn it off, you don't need it, you are behind a router and nothing is getting in unless you let it in.