Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to shawnunder7

Re: [TWC] New Modem Lease Fee NYC

got it as well , good thing FIOS has finished installing their fiberboxes I should be able to get fios soon currently I am on 50/5 paying 59.99 , that makes it 63.94$

shawnunder7

join:2011-10-08

1 recommendation

I have nothing to turn to, other than Dish and DSL, which I am probably not going to turn to, since DSL is very slow. I am just going to watch a bunch of the surfboard modems on E-Bay and try to win on fairly cheap i guess.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

1 recommendation

reply to patt2k

said by patt2k:

got it as well , good thing FIOS has finished installing their fiberboxes I should be able to get fios soon

You guys are lucky, FIOS is available in your area. We have it around our streets but not in the community. It will take for the majority of us to ask the board to let Verizon dig the streets so Verizon can lay the fiber in the community. Hopefully it will happen soon when majority gets tired of TWC's increases.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to shawnunder7

said by shawnunder7:

I have nothing to turn to, other than Dish and DSL, which I am probably not going to turn to, since DSL is very slow. I am just going to watch a bunch of the surfboard modems on E-Bay and try to win on fairly cheap i guess.

If you are trying to get your own modem, get a recommended D3 modem for future proof that is also IPv6 compliant. Sooner or later TWC will migrate to IPv6.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

1 edit

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to bluepoint

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to bluepoint

Totally agree, Do not even think of buying anything other than a D3 modem. Things are moving real quick.

Hob

shawnunder7

That's exactly what i am going to get Btw, does anyone know is DirecTV is any good? I am planning to double play the phone and internet, and moving somewhere else for TV, since that takes a big chunk of my bill due to boxes. My only option is satellite or cable.

Widmark

join:2012-10-07
San Francisco, CA

said by shawnunder7:

That's exactly what i am going to get Btw, does anyone know is DirecTV is any good? I am planning to double play the phone and internet, and moving somewhere else for TV, since that takes a big chunk of my bill due to boxes. My only option is satellite or cable.

I have Directv and like it much better than TWC...cheaper...better picture for me.... And better/faster UI for the guide/etc. I have the home media H34 setup and love the single DVR for whole home. My big gripe is I can't pause live tv in any room except the one with the DVR. Hopefully DTV gets this.

shawnunder7

Yup, not only that but my other boxes are soo small compared to the TW boxes. I have a lot of extras on my package too, since im a new customer and all.