Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to Dude111

Re:  

What are you smoking? Can I have some of that? But seriously well IE has made some great strides, Microsoft has seemed to sponsor many of the studies that over inflate that, by measuring what sites it refuses to load and ignoring things like sandboxing and script protection, especially of things like for the Flash plugin. What you say is it was secure well before it got that reputation. It got that reputation well before internet explorer 6. Back then that reputation was well deserved. Now internet explorer is actually comparable with the average browser. I am no Mozilla fan. Their browser has more security holes than internet explorer. It didn't use to be that way mainly because of unprotected Microsoft junk like ActiveX. That being said, people can be safe with either browser with a proper security configuration and a little common sense. These days no matter what browser you use the only safe browser is a sandboxed browser, preferably running as a very limited privilege user to boot.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to vaxvms

Re: [Rant] Mozilla software has become CRAP

quote:
Mozilla software has become CRAP
Like any other software company, it was only a matter of time.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to vaxvms

I'm kind of pissed that I'm liking bing and IE9 more than google and Chrome

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

said by mettachain:

here is medication that can help.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

IE9, maybe.

Bing? Never. That search engine is pure crap. I didn't use it often (most of the time it's default search engine on a computer that is not mine) but it can't find what I'm looking for. I can't give you an exemple right now, but I searched something simple, the result I wanted was near the end of the page. Using Google, searching the exact same thing, the result I'm looking for is the first one.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

i did that bing and google blind side by side search test MS is promoting...twice.

bing surprisingly won me over 9 out of 10 total searches.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

fatmanskinny
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to Gremeaunk49

said by Gremeaunk49:

Yeah agree.. Now i begin to hate browsing in Firefox. Google chrome is serving much better and more speedy than Firefox.

Ditto. I primarily use Google Chrome but keep Firefox on standby just in case. It is no longer the preferred browser. Chrome is way better IMHO.
--
A citizen of The United States of Amnesia. How quickly we forget.

La Luna
Survived Ashraful
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to vaxvms

Using FF 16.0.2 with zero issues. Still the great browser it has always been for me.