share rss forum feed

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to A Lurker

Re: Smoking ban inside your condo - Bylaw passed

said by A Lurker:

Like others have pointed out, we provide receptacles at work, but many don't use them.

i flick mine into the sewer, especially at work, despite the fact we have those mountable ashtrays.

the problem with those ashtrays is that the locks get broken off, and the destitute wind up pilfering the nasty contents therein. so nobody uses them, or they wind up being used for garbage (empty packs, pack wrappers, pop bottles, etc), so the next unwitting sucker to use the ashtray winds up setting it on fire.

i'm sure the city doesn't approve of it, but maybe if they took care of their poverty problem we wouldn't have to resort to ignoring the ashtrays.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by cog_biz_user:

i'm sure the city doesn't approve of it, but maybe if they took care of their poverty problem we wouldn't have to resort to ignoring the ashtrays.

Where I'm working now they actually are emptied daily (trash emptied too, same guy). And they're inside the gates (controlled access) so I don't believe people are trekking out to an industrial area, climbing the fences and scattering cigarettes around.

The people walking past my residential properties or chucking them out their car windows are 100% reponsible for their actions. That's got nothing to do with poverty. Even if you meant to use the word property that doesn't excuse the fact that people walking their dogs clean up after them (mostly) but smokers don't. As for the drivers, keep them in your own car, then dispose of them.