spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chronicposer
join:2012-09-29
Ottawa, ON

chronicposer

[Extreme] News Groups - Slow Download in Ottawa

Hey there. I am on a gradfathered Extreme plan. Normally i am able to DL news group files at ~1100KB/s . Today it has dropped right off to around ~50-100 KB/s

I use Astraweb for the server. Anyone else having similiar issues? I was thinking it was my news server but noone else using it that i have talked to so far has had any issues.

corran006
@rogers.com

corran006

Anon

I am having the same problem in Toronto with the same Usenet provider.

exoticsomker
@rogers.com

exoticsomker to chronicposer

Anon

to chronicposer
yes i am having the same issue here in ottawa, normally very fast speeds with the ultimate server, 8-10 megabites/sec has now dropped to less that 200kb per second. not sure what the problem is, speedtest is showing me I have great bandwidth.
chronicposer
join:2012-09-29
Ottawa, ON

chronicposer

Speed test and traceroutes show no problems for me as well. Going to test it again this morning.. see if they have improved.
chronicposer

chronicposer

My speeds have returned to normal. Still not sure who to blame though..

nroberts16
@rogers.com

nroberts16 to chronicposer

Anon

to chronicposer
Hi

download rates in Stittsville are abnormally slow. 14 kbps. Ran speedtest.net and got 182 kbps. Of course Rogers speed test shows about 900 kbps. I also ran Bell's speed test and got 300kbps but it seemed to struggle with the test. Disgraceful considering I pay for the extreme service. Not the first time.