uniqs
share rss forum feed

dorkino
Premium
join:2004-02-22
Atlanta, GA
reply to dorkino

Re: (Un)correctable codeword count high

Gotcha. Well, I've kept an eye on the count, and normally it doesn't move. However, I just noticed a lag spike while gaming that resolved itself after about 10-20 seconds. The log showed a T3 timeout at this time, and both the correctable and uncorrectable codewords were increasing in realtime. Then another T3 timeout occured, according to the log. After a couple of minutes of this, the "storm" stopped. The correctable and uncorrectable codewords stopped increasing. The increase was about 25% during this period.

So it appears that my unusually high # of errors are occuring in short bursts that are spread out quite a bit apart. The numbers went from a couple hundred (which was received at startup), to over 100,000 correctable and over 1,000,000 uncorrectable overnight last night. It's now 12:30AM EDT here - the problem occured just 10 minutes ago at 12:20AM.

I wonder what it could be?

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

Is your upstream power level changing at all during this time ?
--
»www.VAJeeps.com

dorkino
Premium
join:2004-02-22
Atlanta, GA

It's a little lower - 44dBmV. I'm not certain if that's changing at the time of error, or if that's just what it would have been at that time anyway.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

I'd call in and ask what your upstream SNR is.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com