1 recommendation

Blackbird to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

Re: Yea or nay on IE 8?

said by StuartMW:

said by Name Game:

Since the deed was done....

The season is now open! Fire at will ...

Yeah... but it'll sure suck to be Will...

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

said by StuartMW:

said by Name Game:

Since the deed was done....

The season is now open! Fire at will ...

Yeah... but it'll sure suck to be Will...

"Fire at Wil, #1." :P

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Make It So !

= = = = = = = =

Browser Layout Annoyances :

IE8 lets you put the Refresh and Stop buttons back where they belong, but IE7 does not.

There is also a registry patch available for moving the Menu bar back to above the address line, which is listed for IE7 but also works with IE8.

I use IE8 on XP SP3 and on Vista SP2 machines, and use FireFox Ver 12/13/14 but not 15, as 15 seems to have deleted the option to put the Tab Bar below the other bars at the top area.

Recent Opera is interesting too, partially as it also still can be installed onto Win2K, where, IIRC, all other recent browsers cannot.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Mozilla removed it from the normal menus in 15 but you can restore the tabs on the bottom.

Go to about:config and copy and paste this in the search: browser.tabs.OnTop and Toggle it to False.

After a bit the option itself reappears under View - Toolbars or right clicking anywhere in the toolbar area.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by kickass69:

Mozilla removed it from the normal menus in 15 but you can restore the tabs on the bottom.

Go to about:config and copy and paste this in the search: browser.tabs.OnTop and Toggle it to False.

After a bit the option itself reappears under View - Toolbars or right clicking anywhere in the toolbar area.

Reappears as in ver 12/13/14 ?

I wish the F### that Mozilla would leave well enough alone !!!

I still am grumpy at them for removing 'Bookmark All Tabs as a Group' from the Bookmark Menu, back around version 4.0 or so. - Is there a fix for THAT in about:config ?

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

I still am grumpy at them for removing 'Bookmark All Tabs as a Group' from the Bookmark Menu, back around version 4.0 or so. - Is there a fix for THAT in about:config ?

Bookmark All Tabs as a Group

You might be able to get it back with this add-on offered by a student in Taiwan

Why was Enable Bookmark All Tabs created?
After Firefox 4 ,Because less people are using the Bookmark All Tabs. So it has been hidden.But I love to use Bookmark All Tabswith panorama (Tab Groups), so I think it should be enable by add-on.So I download the Firefox source code, and found the way to enable the Bookmark All Tabs. And try to make an Add-On. Thanks kennyluck's teach, I will try to make more Add-On
What's next for Enable Bookmark All Tabs
Still thinking

»addons.mozilla.org/en-us ··· ll-tabs/

»howto.cnet.com/8301-1131 ··· at-once/

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Bookmark All Tabs as a Group

You might be able to get it back with this add-on offered by a student in Taiwan....

Thanks - will investigate.

It turns out though, that if you go [ALT]+[B] rather than mousing to make the menu appear, that the FireFox Bookmark Menu looks different, and only then it INCLUDES that option.

I was hoping for a way to make it universally included.

This was ONE of the few IE functionalities with which M$ did NOT fuck, in the revisions from version 7+ forward.

However, M$ tried to remove the menues entirely.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 edit

1 recommendation

StuartMW to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

They removed "Close Window" (but "New Window" remains) from the File menu too. No idea why. Fortunately the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-W) still works.

BTW I think I'm out of ammo

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Another FFFU (FireFox FuckUp) was removing the 'New Tab' from the Right-Click Tab Menu, somewhere between versions 4.0 and 12.0 (aka ver 4.8). - I actually USED that and MISS it !

Can I get it back ? (in the about:config jungle)

BTW, those holes you posted were not from bullets - They happened when Dolly Parton bumped kinda hard into a wall.