how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Btech

@comcast.net

Comcast - On Demand ERR-17

Once again, try to use Comcast On Demand on a Saturday Night - Err-17
Then it resets the cable box back to the sart out of On Demand.
Why can't a company like Comast have a web page to describe an error? Instead, Comcast expects subscribers to call, wait 20 minutes and then tell us the problem?

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

»en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use···or_Codes
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-D···OnDemand

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Btech

The OnDemand system is severely screwed up as they should just have a message that displays "busy" or "too many clients connected" as it usually doesn't work on weekends or later evenings normal days. Also the rewind and fast forward almost never works and contains so much lag you can never get to the right spot.
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

You must have some severely screwed up wiring in your home. Capacity is almost never an issue, it's usually noise or signal related in the home. Or you have an old crappy box.

I watch VOD all the time without issue.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to FifthE1ement

said by FifthE1ement:

The OnDemand system is severely screwed up as they should just have a message that displays "busy" or "too many clients connected" as it usually doesn't work on weekends or later evenings normal days. Also the rewind and fast forward almost never works and contains so much lag you can never get to the right spot.

Not my experience at all. I've had a glitch or two over the years but works perfectly 98% of the time.