Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

Vonage made me an offer that I could refuse.

Since I ported my last Vonage number several weeks ago, I have gotten several offers from Vonage for their $9.99 for life plan. This is the same plan I inquired about shortly after it was reported in this forum almost a year ago as a "retention plan", but I was told at that time that I did not qualify for that plan.

Sorry Vonage, but if you were going to offer me that plan, you should have done so when I might have taken you up on the offer, not weeks after the number was ported.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

What difference does it make when they offer it, especially if you weren't qualified for it when we were discussing it?

That's quite silly logic, IMO, or, is that your version of being spiteful, which isn't hurting anyone but yourself?

I KNOW you know what you're doing but....................
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by cork1958:

What difference does it make when they offer it, especially if you weren't qualified for it when we were discussing it?

That's quite silly logic, IMO, or, is that your version of being spiteful, which isn't hurting anyone but yourself?

I KNOW you know what you're doing but....................

I am not hurt at all by Vonage's inept "day late and dollar short" tactics, nor am I being spiteful. In fact, I will keep the emails with the link to the $9.99 for life offer should I find that I have a need for a land line phone service again.

I just found it somewhat amusing (I guess I forgot the smiley in the original post) that they waited until about a week after the number port was complete (and my last active Vonage account was closed), to make this "retention" type offer. It is generally easier to keep a horse in the corral, than it is to chase him down and bring him back after he escapes into the wild.
--
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

That's about the same mentality XM radio has too. I cancelled one radio, but asked if there was any way they could get me a deal and they said no.

3 days later, had a snail mail offer to activate that radio again for $3.99 a month, compared to full price of $9.99 for multiple radios.

I kind of figured that's where you were you heading in your explanation. Really hard to believe how some companies operate and stay in business!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

NetFixer
Premium
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to NetFixer

Vonage made me an offer that I could not refuse after all.

I guess that I could not refuse after all.

Because of some compatibility problems that developed between the Samsung cell phone I was using for the number that I ported from Vonage and my zBoost repeater (and also some billing problems with AT&T that pissed me off), I signed up for the Vonage $9.99 for life plan after all (it was either that, or buy a new cell phone).

I have already reactivated my old Linksys RTP300 for the new account and setup the AT&T cell phone to forward to the temporary virtual number that Vonage assigned to the new account until the port process completes.

The number is scheduled to port on Monday, and I only ordered the new Vonage service on Thursday evening. I have never had a number port that quickly before, and the new Vonage VDV23 adapter that Vonage insisted on sending probably won't be here before the port completes (but since I am already using my old RTP300, that won't really matter).
--

NetFixer
Premium
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by NetFixer:

The number is scheduled to port on Monday, and I only ordered the new Vonage service on Thursday evening. I have never had a number port that quickly before, and the new Vonage VDV23 adapter that Vonage insisted on sending probably won't be here before the port completes (but since I am already using my old RTP300, that won't really matter).

Yep, I was right. The number port completed on Monday morning, and the new VDV23 has not yet been delivered. If I had not already had an old Vonage ATA that I could re-activate, I would not have been able to use this particular phone number today (FWIW, UPS does report that it is "out for delivery"). If number ports are going to start being done this quickly (instead of the 1-2 week delay that used to be common), Vonage needs to start doing automatic overnight delivery for new adapters that it ships.
--