Search similar:

uniqs

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

SUPERAntiSpyware Or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Which is better SUPERAntiSpyware Or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

If they are both very good would there be any benefit to using both of them? Also what do you think of the realtime mode in both programs?

poppster
Tell the truth and then run.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-23
Midwest

1 recommendation

poppster

Premium Member

Mbam pro is by far, IMO, a better program. It's protection module is great, especially with its url blocking.

I use mbam pro with Avast on several machines.

Now with that being said, SAS is a great program as well. I have only used it as an "on demand" scanner.
I wouldnt use both of them as realtime, either one or the other. Its ok to use them both as on demand, or one real time and one not. If you are looking for realtime malware protection, mbam is a fantastic choice.

MagMan
Life is simpler when you tell the truth.
Premium Member
join:2003-10-01
Westlake, OH

MagMan

Premium Member

said by poppster:

If you are looking for realtime malware protection, mbam is a fantastic choice.

Indeed it is.

X2 for me.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
For free manual scanner and cleaner, both.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey to poppster

Premium Member

to poppster
I did have both of them enabled realtime for a while and they did not conflict with each other, so far as I could tell. However, I don't have Malwarebytes enabled real-time now due to a conflict with Eset NOD32. SAS doesn't conflict with NOD32, but I won't get rid of Malwarebytes, just wait for a resolution of the issue with NOD32.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Dustyn to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
I have both of them enabled myself, the paid realtime shields... and I do not notice any conflicts or slowdowns. I hold both of them in the highest regard.

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26

1 recommendation

hayc59

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

I have both of them enabled myself, the paid realtime shields... and I do not notice any conflicts or slowdowns. I hold both of them in the highest regard.

Plus One!

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 edit

rcdailey

Premium Member

One thing I had forgotten, that I should mention, is that if you are running a manual scan with Malwarebytes (latest version) and you have SAS (latest version) real-time protection enabled at the same time, you should not open the GUI for SAS. If you do open it and try to look at a listing of logs, for example, SAS will encounter an error, tell you it has to shut down and then open an error report tab, which allows you to report the error (which you should do). When that happens, simply wait for the Malwarebytes scan to conclude, then click to allow SAS to restart. All will be well, so it is not a make-or-break error. It's just something to keep in mind.

I am adding that this is _my_ experience, so if you are running both MBAM and SAS with real-time protection enabled in both and you do not have this same experience, do not be concerned. Every system is unique and every OS version changes the landscape, too. This experience is mine on an old Dell system running XP SP3.

Exidor
Premium Member
join:2001-05-04

Exidor to hayc59

Premium Member

to hayc59
said by hayc59:

said by Dustyn:

Plus One!

Plus One More!

(Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit)

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to gate1975mlm

MVM

to gate1975mlm
I, too, have them both and have them both realtime. To my knowledge, I've never had a problem with conflicts. But I have had one report something and not the other, so my feeling is, go for broke with both. Mine are also the paid for versions, btw.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

1 edit

jadinolf

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

I, too, have them both and have them both realtime. To my knowledge, I've never had a problem with conflicts. But I have had one report something and not the other, so my feeling is, go for broke with both. Mine are also the paid for versions, btw.

Same here. I have 5 computers with the paid versions of both of these installed and neither of them seem to finds anything.

However, since they are paid for, I continue on.

Go Huskies

gugarci
Premium Member
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

gugarci to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
I haven't uses SAS in over a year and have removed it from all my PC's. MBam and HMP are much better in my opinion. Check out the MRG Effitas 0 day flash tests.
»www.blog.mrg-effitas.com/

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
Got them both running real-time, too.

I dropped Mamutu after I started having problems with it for some unknown reason (I hadn't changed any software configuration, and uninstalling it and reinstalling it made no difference), and added MBAM.

But I don't enable its website blocking; I'm on a slow DSL connection and I find that slows it down even further.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to gugarci

to gugarci
said by gugarci:

I haven't uses SAS in over a year and have removed it from all my PC's. MBam and HMP are much better in my opinion. Check out the MRG Effitas 0 day flash tests.
»www.blog.mrg-effitas.com/

Thanks.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

redwolfe_98 to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
i notice that several people say that they run both MBAM and SAS, together, in realtime, and i assume that this is in addition to an antivirus program..

i have tried running two antimalware programs, together, in realtime, along with an antivirus program, but i experienced problems when i did.. it wasn't that the programs didn't appear to run OK together, but, when i would test the programs, to see if they were functioning properly, i would find that one or the other was not flagging malware the way that it was suppose to..

kevn mcaleavey, of "BOClean", explained to me what the problem was, which was that "windows" was not capable of handling but a certain number of antimalware programs..

i was running windows xp.. windows 7 is different, but, still, it has a similar limitation as to how many antimalware programs it can handle.. whether or not it will handle more antimalware programs than windows xp, i don't know.. it would be nice if it did but, from what i have heard, windows 7 was not designed with that in mind..

from my experience, i wouldn't run more than one antimalware program, like MBAM or SAS, together, in realtime, along with an antivirus program..

badjoe
Americal Division
Premium Member
join:2003-12-04
Memphis, TN

badjoe to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
Same here.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I use to run both and never had any conflicts either.