spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sunday8pm
join:2010-05-24

sunday8pm

Sagemcom f@st 2864 and DMZ

Hi all,

I am trying to put a computer in the DMZ of the sagemcom fast 2864. I go to network > DMZ and put it's IP there.
I press sav, it says settings saved but when I go back to the page the field is empty again, like in the screen cap.

I think I remember it was not like that before, and if I put something in the DMZ then it would still be displayed in the IP address field when coming back to the page.

Can anyone confirm this?

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

it will show up in the dhcp tab, it will have the device mac, and it will show an external public ip instead of the internal ip.
sunday8pm
join:2010-05-24

sunday8pm

This is what I have in the DHCP table
a_mckie
join:2012-08-31
East York, ON

a_mckie to sunday8pm

to sunday8pm
It's not just you. I have a device set up as the DMZ IP address and it doesn't display for me on the DMZ screen either. But based on network behaviour I'm pretty sure it's working. I'd have to check but I think I even found relevant coding in the HTML source of that admin page but it's suppressed in the rendering for some reason.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

try a different browser and maybe it'll show up
scarswell
join:2010-05-14
Richmond Hill, ON

scarswell to sunday8pm

to sunday8pm
I just got this Sagemcom a couple of months ago, DMZ is NOT working properly.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

thats cus you need to be in the DMZ page, not DHCP of the "connection hub" modem.
Pauly

Pauly

also u can check if its active by going into the network devices page on your "Connection Hub" modem to see if its active and what ip it gets
wfeddern
join:2012-08-14

wfeddern to sunday8pm

to sunday8pm
Can someone explain what DMZ mode is actually doing/how to use it?

I have a firewall behind the sagecom, and a single static public IP. Do I put that public IP in the DMZ config box? and does that then get passed onto the firewall if I set the firewall for dhcp?

Trying to avoid a double-NAT situation.

jsmaster
join:2008-03-16
Montreal, QC

jsmaster

said by wfeddern:

Can someone explain what DMZ mode is actually doing/how to use it?

I have a firewall behind the sagecom, and a single static public IP. Do I put that public IP in the DMZ config box? and does that then get passed onto the firewall if I set the firewall for dhcp?

Trying to avoid a double-NAT situation.

DMZ will open all ports for the specified IP. SImple as that