Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69

Re: Yea or nay on IE 8?

said by kickass69:

Mozilla removed it from the normal menus in 15 but you can restore the tabs on the bottom.

Go to about:config and copy and paste this in the search: browser.tabs.OnTop and Toggle it to False.

After a bit the option itself reappears under View - Toolbars or right clicking anywhere in the toolbar area.

Reappears as in ver 12/13/14 ?

I wish the F### that Mozilla would leave well enough alone !!!

I still am grumpy at them for removing 'Bookmark All Tabs as a Group' from the Bookmark Menu, back around version 4.0 or so. - Is there a fix for THAT in about:config ?

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

I still am grumpy at them for removing 'Bookmark All Tabs as a Group' from the Bookmark Menu, back around version 4.0 or so. - Is there a fix for THAT in about:config ?

Bookmark All Tabs as a Group

You might be able to get it back with this add-on offered by a student in Taiwan

Why was Enable Bookmark All Tabs created?
After Firefox 4 ,Because less people are using the Bookmark All Tabs. So it has been hidden.But I love to use Bookmark All Tabswith panorama (Tab Groups), so I think it should be enable by add-on.So I download the Firefox source code, and found the way to enable the Bookmark All Tabs. And try to make an Add-On. Thanks kennyluck's teach, I will try to make more Add-On
What's next for Enable Bookmark All Tabs
Still thinking

»addons.mozilla.org/en-us ··· ll-tabs/

»howto.cnet.com/8301-1131 ··· at-once/

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Bookmark All Tabs as a Group

You might be able to get it back with this add-on offered by a student in Taiwan....

Thanks - will investigate.

It turns out though, that if you go [ALT]+[B] rather than mousing to make the menu appear, that the FireFox Bookmark Menu looks different, and only then it INCLUDES that option.

I was hoping for a way to make it universally included.

This was ONE of the few IE functionalities with which M$ did NOT fuck, in the revisions from version 7+ forward.

However, M$ tried to remove the menues entirely.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 edit

1 recommendation

StuartMW to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

They removed "Close Window" (but "New Window" remains) from the File menu too. No idea why. Fortunately the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-W) still works.

BTW I think I'm out of ammo

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Another FFFU (FireFox FuckUp) was removing the 'New Tab' from the Right-Click Tab Menu, somewhere between versions 4.0 and 12.0 (aka ver 4.8). - I actually USED that and MISS it !

Can I get it back ? (in the about:config jungle)

BTW, those holes you posted were not from bullets - They happened when Dolly Parton bumped kinda hard into a wall.