All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Buying a slingboxWho has DirecTV? »
This is a sub-selection from root canal?

La Luna
Survived Ashraful
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to MineCoast

Re: root canal?

said by MineCoast:

....the tooth bothering me now has a filling in it, but is deep. anyway, has anyone heard of this before? since i started taking the antibotic a couple day's ago, the tooth isn't hurting me nearly as much as it was, but is still somewhat sensitive.

do i really need a root canal? i thought a root canal was for people who had swallon gums, severe pain, etc? unless maybe i caught mine in time before it got to that point?

Yes. Your situation is exactly what root canals are for. Old, deep fillings get compromised over the years. The antibiotic is only a temporary fix that is treating the infection so you don't get an abscess, it doesn't "fix" the tooth. The problem WILL reoccur at some point.

The key to a painless root canal is making sure you are properly numbed. I've had one done and it wasn't bad at all. Not my favorite thing to do, but tolerable. The worst part was having all the paraphernalia in my mouth. If you feel any pain, tell the dentist right away and they will give you more anesthetic.
--
The Alien in the White House

19,534 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11