spc
Search similar:

uniqs

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich

Custom embedded computer built?

Hey Guys
I am just wondering if anybody knew where I can get an custom embedded computer built at? What I am looking to built is computer can run on 800mhz to 1Ghz processor and for the memory 512mb to 1gb then have 10/100/1000 ethernet port then have 2 MiniPCI and 2 MiniPCI-e along with VGA and Serial setup and must be able to run on passive POE setup.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

How small and how strict are the stated requirements? The more devices you add to it the more power it's going to need. Something like the Raspberry Pi only uses 2.5-3.5W at what looks like 5V. POE will only typically provide you with 15.4W though POE+ looks to bump that to 25.5W officially. Depending on what you want to plug in to those slots, you might not have enough power with POE alone. Given the POE power requirements, I'm quite interested in what this is for and what you eventually get.

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich

I also forgot to say it haves to able to carry a slot for CF. This is going to be like Mikrotik routerboard setup and reason why I am not going with them is because they dont have enough memory onboard.

I would need to be able to power one of these: »streakwave.com/Itemdesc. ··· =SR71-15

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_ to treich

Premium Member

to treich
said by treich:

Hey Guys
I am just wondering if anybody knew where I can get an custom embedded computer built at? What I am looking to built is computer can run on 800mhz to 1Ghz processor and for the memory 512mb to 1gb then have 10/100/1000 ethernet port then have 2 MiniPCI and 2 MiniPCI-e along with VGA and Serial setup and must be able to run on passive POE setup.

Sorry your going to need to run a extension cord. since your power requirements are too high

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939 to treich

Premium Member

to treich
Sounds like the makings of a diy access point and firewall.