share rss forum feed

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24

VOIP Hardware

Hello,

What VOIP hardware would you recommend?

My current setup is: Modem->Router->Switch->PC's , so i would like to add VOIP hardware to my switch, what would you recommend (why)?

Budget up to $100.

Thank you
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

vonSchroeder

join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

I use a Cisco/Linksys PAP2T-NA and I think this is a fairly popular solution. NCIX and Canada Computes are both sold out, which makes me wonder if the device has been discontinued.

»ncix.com/products/?sku=21847

»www.canadacomputers.com/product_···d=014833

TryObihai

@telus.com
reply to damir52

You can try Obihai. People said it has newer hardware compare to those Linksys/Cisco VOIP ATA and it also supports Google Voice...

»forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c···1233687/

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
reply to vonSchroeder

The PAP2T has been discontinued.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by squircle:

The PAP2T has been discontinued.

Yeah, it's been replaced by the SPA112. The hardware in the boxes is decent, but the firmware - at least initially - left a lot to be desired. I installed 1.2.1 on the two I'm running at our store a few weeks ago and have had far fewer issues, but I'm still not quite ready to tell people to run out and buy them.

I run an SPA2100 at home, and have been doing so for years. That and the SPA2102 have been replaced by the SPA122, which is similar hardware to the SPA112 and part of the same firmware family.

von Monster

join:2012-03-22
reply to damir52

You could take a look at the Voip forum -

»VOIP Tech Chat

but I'm pretty sure the consensus on an ATA would be the Obi. Currently running an Obi110 with issue.