reply to PSWired

Re: Steam room progress

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
And finally the wallboard is up.

AnonEEMouse

@bhn.net
Looks good so far, what do you plan on using for a water barrier/membrane? redguard or something like kerdi?

AnonEEMouse

@bhn.net
Looks like I can't read, saw in the post just now you're using kerdi.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
reply to PSWired
Very nice. I'll bet it will be a great room to take a steam in once complete.

I am curious about what the two former-holes in the wall that look like they are stuffed with a paper material were.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

PSWired

join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

1 recommendation

Yup, Kerdi is going in next, once the pan is built. I'm glad that stuff exists--this would be a much more difficult project without it.

Those two weird things in the wall are for soap dishes that were added to the shower that's on the opposite side of the wall. It looks like they cut out the tile in the shower wall, stuffed in a bunch of insulation, then filled with grout to back up the soap dishes. As you can see, one of them was leaking for a while too. Not too concerned about that, since that shower could stand to be ripped out and redone anyway. In the mean time, the leak has been fixed.

PSWired

join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

1 recommendation

reply to PSWired
Click for full size
Click for full size
Formed the pan tonight. This was a job where some experience would've helped. At least the mortar is slow to set and I had plenty of time to work.

I put a screed around the edge, then set the drain assembly in a soft mortar bed, then finished filling in the pan. Used quickrete sand mix from HD.