share rss forum feed

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA

[Info] moving to atlanta, cell phone question

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Atlanta in November to start a job at Emory University. Right now I have verizon with a 300 minute / 0 text / unlimited data (3g) plan for ~$78 after taxes.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding cell service in the Emory/Decatur (I guess) area? If I switch providers I'll hopefully upgrade to a galaxy s3 but if I stay with verizon I'll keep using my incredible 2 until it falls apart.
--
And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you, and show you my weak side, what would you do?

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Stay with Verizon. My Verizon LG Voyager worked very well inside the buildings at the Emory Hospital complex, so I bet your phone would work well in the other areas of Emory.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to crazediamond

In my opinion, Verizon and AT&T have the best coverage in the Atlanta area. My personal preference is for Verizon.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to crazediamond

I've never been with Verizon, but AT&T works fine for me in the city, and I used to live near Emory for a few years, and still travel through there to and from work and for errands. AT&T works great for me. I used to drop calls, but they've improved that drastically, and can't recall the last dropped call.
--
-M

crazediamond
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to davidhoffman

said by davidhoffman:

Stay with Verizon. My Verizon LG Voyager worked very well inside the buildings at the Emory Hospital complex, so I bet your phone would work well in the other areas of Emory.

Thanks for the advice. That's where I'll be working actually so good to know it should work there.
--
And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you, and show you my weak side, what would you do?

crazediamond
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to crazediamond

Thanks all 3 of you for your answers. One less thing to worry about if I can just stick with verizon and good to know if it doesn't work out AT&T is a workable backup option.

Expand your moderator at work