to JenSuisUn

Re: [Cable] [QC] Videotron Slow speeds in Evenings

I am actually getting better then advertised speed (supposed to be 15/1.5):

xgmranti
join:2005-10-31
Almonte, ON

1 edit

xgmranti

Yeah its back to normal now...One couple hour slow down in two months isn't that bad.

IF I had to wager a bet it might have been people catching up on their last day of metered bandwidth.
chuck02
join:2012-04-05

chuck02 to Cyborg994

to Cyborg994
xgmranti: I hope you're right and it doesn't happen every night like back in August.

Cyborg994: I rarely have troubles at 1am. Slowdowns are during peak times (usually between 8pm and midnight) and it's a major inconvenience for people trying to use streaming apps like Netflix. Yesterday we weren't able to watch 480p streaming with a 30Mbits connection during this time.

Also, the speedtest don't really do "justice" to the actual slowdowns. If you look at the graph during the test, it goes up and down the whole time and the final speed is the average. It's impossible to stream anything with a 4Mbits "average" speed.

Yesterday, we watched a movie on Netflix using a bridged 3G connection from my cellphone.

That's how bad it was.
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube

still no feedback from TSI ... nice

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

We are also looking into links on our end.

Thank you,
TSI Jonathan
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

Looks like some news...hopefully it gets resolved quickly for QC customers. »Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)