uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to kherr

Premium Member

to kherr

Re: Can you get a passport without planning to travel?

said by kherr:

A cousin who was an airline stewardess for a while said that a Sears credit card carried more weight as an ID than a passport in the US ....... go figure .....

I can believe that. Sears is by FAR the most difficult to get a credit card with. If you can get a Sears card then you are Aok! It is easy to get American Express, Chase, JCPenny, Macy's, etc cards. Sears...very, very difficult. The vast majority of Sears employees don't have a Sears card because Sears has turned them down.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Mele20:

said by kherr:

A cousin who was an airline stewardess for a while said that a Sears credit card carried more weight as an ID than a passport in the US ....... go figure .....

I can believe that. Sears is by FAR the most difficult to get a credit card with. If you can get a Sears card then you are Aok! It is easy to get American Express, Chase, JCPenny, Macy's, etc cards. Sears...very, very difficult. The vast majority of Sears employees don't have a Sears card because Sears has turned them down.

I don't buy that for a minute. My wife had bad credit when we were dating and got a Sear's card no problems. I wouldn't waste my time with a Sear's card myself. A carry permit is the best form of ID you can have.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

No one in Hawaii has been granted carrier status. Perpetual complaint here by NRA.

As for Sears card, maybe they have become more lenient recently.