dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
tunerX
join:2012-02-20

tunerX

Re: DDW3611 native NAT mode and wireless problems.

But I still get the 30 down 5 up. If I had another channel, I would be getting more. It has been channels 1,2,4 for the last two months.

How could channel numbering be a problem if everything is running fine in bridge mode with zero errors? I can run sustained 30/5 using ixchariot between home and work. The minute I switch WiFi on or use NAT mode I get codeword corrections/errors, and dropped packets.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by tunerX:

But I still get the 30 down 5 up. If I had another channel, I would be getting more. It has been channels 1,2,4 for the last two months.

How could channel numbering be a problem if everything is running fine in bridge mode with zero errors? I can run sustained 30/5 using ixchariot between home and work. The minute I switch WiFi on or use NAT mode I get codeword corrections/errors, and dropped packets.

no the amount of channels does not determine your speed you get what you are provisioned for and TWC uses DOCSIS 3.0 for the 30/5 tier so they can load balance the download bandwidth across multiple channels. You have a noise issue because channel 3 is missing which the channel number doesn't matter it is just that the 555MHz channel is missing which indicates you have a noise issue on the line coming into your modem.
tunerX
join:2012-02-20

tunerX

How does this cause a problem with the UBEE in bridge mode versus NAT mode with WiFi? I only get the problem when the UBEE is in NAT mode with WiFi turned on. Other than that, in bridge mode it works flawlessly missing channel or not. If I turn on NAT and WiFi I lose 10-20 percent of my packets to-and-through the UBEE over ethernet cable and WiFi.

When I made the original post my service was clean and it is still clean. Just for giggles, I enabled NAT and WiFi today after reading your post and about 30 minutes later 10-20 percent packet loss.

You can point to the missing channel and that is fine. Why would it be related to the service running clean in bridge mode?