Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

Dish Network using Hughes Gen 4 for Bundled Internet now

Click for full size
Just announced packages from DISH network using Gen 4.

Even lower caps (basically cut in 1/2) and slower speeds on the basic package.

AND the $10 lease fee still applies.....

C0RR0SIVE

join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY
That 15/15 package is the same as Power PRO on Gen4 website, but it's ~$10 less, only time will tell what's best for rural users.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to compuguybna

Hughesnet Offerings....Compare yourself.

Click for full size
Here are the Hughesnet offerings...

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to C0RR0SIVE

Re: Dish Network using Hughes Gen 4 for Bundled Internet now

$10 less because it must be bundled with DISH tv?

said by C0RR0SIVE:

That 15/15 package is the same as Power PRO on Gen4 website, but it's ~$10 less, only time will tell what's best for rural users.

C0RR0SIVE

Salvisa, KY
That wouldn't bother me since I did have Dish, and plan on going back at some point once money permits, if I did I would potentially go the bundled route. If I didn't go bundled, well, I wouldn't bother with any of it.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to compuguybna
So are people who fall outside the coverage of the new satellite only allowed to subscribe to the first package? Or do they have access to the other packages at a slower speed?

That first package is decent priced, but the caps are crap.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN

1 edit
reply to compuguybna
I wasn't able to tell if there was an install charge thru DISH, but they are still charging the $9.99 equipment fee.

Kman08

@184.21.45.x
reply to C0RR0SIVE
You know how Dish is though. They absolutely hate working with existing customers. It is terrible to get any traction with Dish. That price is for the internet and does not include the rest of the price for the bundle. And yeah, still the lease fee of course. They are going to do this to win old customers back, retain ones they have, and priority of course to get new customers to sign on with them. There is no chance at all that I would take on a Dish Networks contract. Never again. That stuff was not TV, it was paid advertising throughout. Wait till your bill comes due for the entire bundle. What will that be like?

Side bar> I am on Exede!! ha ha. Working okay, not sure I have the speeds some are reporting. Before the installer left he clicked into speedtest and pulled 8.67Mbps down and hit 3.01Mbps up. Not bad, I was hoping for a little better. I tried the test with Xfinity, I think it is. And I got 12.43Mbps down, and 3.43Mbps up. Which is better. Pages are snappier though. I have not used it to do any downloading though. The guy is out of Ogdensburg, and he said over the past few days he put in 23 systems from there to Syracuse. And he has three installs today in my area. No one for the Exede 12, but me, the other two are for the Exede 5 plans. Which he said is the most popular.

DanP

@wwest.net
reply to compuguybna
Hi....The prices shown here for Dish Network are not correct. And neither is the data allowance. Anything that says "anytime and bonus" data EG 15 anytime and 15 bonus data is a HughesNet plan. Dish has 10, 20 and 30 anytime data plans....they don't play the starts 2am in the morning game on the bonus data......

Also the phone number is not the Dish Network phone number....it is the hughesnet number. I just signed up to Dish

C0RR0SIVE

Salvisa, KY
said by DanP :

Hi....The prices shown here for Dish Network are not correct. And neither is the data allowance. Anything that says "anytime and bonus" data EG 15 anytime and 15 bonus data is a HughesNet plan. Dish has 10, 20 and 30 anytime data plans....they don't play the starts 2am in the morning game on the bonus data......

Also the phone number is not the Dish Network phone number....it is the hughesnet number. I just signed up to Dish

Umm... Considering it states exactly what OP shows on a dish network sales website... It is right.

»www.dish.com/entertainment/inter···nternet/

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to compuguybna
I'll pass on a bundled TV package. Most of the stuff on TV these days is utter crap. 300 channels of crap in HD to be exact. Yeah there might be the occasional interesting special on Discover HD or Science Channel HD, but 99% of it is reruns after reruns of the same old crap. There's gotta be like over 5 million movies that have been made and both DirecTV and Dish play the same few dozen over and over each month.

I'd rather just have the unlimited highspeed satellite internet to watch whatever I wanted with my Apple TV unit. With it I can do Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, etc.

These companies have the money, both ViaSat and Hughesnet should have parked 2 satellites each in the same slots and took the risk to bring in all those customers that would rather just have video on demand so they can watch whatever they wanted without having to deal with 300 channels of crap.