spc
uniqs
C0RR0SIVE
join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE to compuguybna

to compuguybna

Re: Dish Network using Hughes Gen 4 for Bundled Internet now

That 15/15 package is the same as Power PRO on Gen4 website, but it's ~$10 less, only time will tell what's best for rural users.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

$10 less because it must be bundled with DISH tv?
said by C0RR0SIVE:

That 15/15 package is the same as Power PRO on Gen4 website, but it's ~$10 less, only time will tell what's best for rural users.

C0RR0SIVE
join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE

That wouldn't bother me since I did have Dish, and plan on going back at some point once money permits, if I did I would potentially go the bundled route. If I didn't go bundled, well, I wouldn't bother with any of it.

Kman08
@184.21.45.x

Kman08

Anon

You know how Dish is though. They absolutely hate working with existing customers. It is terrible to get any traction with Dish. That price is for the internet and does not include the rest of the price for the bundle. And yeah, still the lease fee of course. They are going to do this to win old customers back, retain ones they have, and priority of course to get new customers to sign on with them. There is no chance at all that I would take on a Dish Networks contract. Never again. That stuff was not TV, it was paid advertising throughout. Wait till your bill comes due for the entire bundle. What will that be like?

Side bar> I am on Exede!! ha ha. Working okay, not sure I have the speeds some are reporting. Before the installer left he clicked into speedtest and pulled 8.67Mbps down and hit 3.01Mbps up. Not bad, I was hoping for a little better. I tried the test with Xfinity, I think it is. And I got 12.43Mbps down, and 3.43Mbps up. Which is better. Pages are snappier though. I have not used it to do any downloading though. The guy is out of Ogdensburg, and he said over the past few days he put in 23 systems from there to Syracuse. And he has three installs today in my area. No one for the Exede 12, but me, the other two are for the Exede 5 plans. Which he said is the most popular.