share rss forum feed

zerog

join:2002-02-10
Carrollton, TX
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to louist

Re: Webmail Down?

not working for me here in TX via pop3 (roll eyes due to lack of imap)

edit: ok, seems like it is actually working now, although dogslow... I mean 12 KB/s... Cruzin at the speed of...... ISDN.

DE girl

@verizon.net
reply to drjim

I've been getting this error message every 10 minutes or so since I logged on around 9am this morning in Northern Delaware:

"There has been an error transferring your mail. I said: PASS and then the POP server [xxxxxxxxx@incoming.verizon.net] said: ERR[SYS/TEMP]Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Still going on. Anyone else?

sadverizon

@putnaminv.com

still down in Massachusetts

vircotto

join:2002-06-04
searching...
reply to drjim

Webmail and pop3 working for me. (Currently in Maryland.)

JazzyV

@wpahs.org
reply to drjim

I've been trying to access my webmail since 8:30 this morning in Pittsburgh, PA. Still No Go.

louist
And So It Goes
Premium
join:2001-12-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
reply to drjim

Verizon forums full of reports from around the country. Both coasts affected. No word on what the issue is or on resolution. Spotty, not all accounts affected even in specific households.

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3

My email is a sub-account of my wife's main account.

I'm still waiting to hear from here if she can check her mail.
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

mits

@verizon.net

no email here in maryland, been alsmost 6 hours now

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state
reply to drjim

I have 4 email accounts here, 2 work, 2 do not. When is Verizon going to dump this POS email system they are using and get something that works correctly. If its not the system loosing half the accounts for 12+ hours with no resolution in sight (sorry nycdave, your 1 hour is long past) its the email system being slow as molasses for weeks on end with no resolution.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

Yea, their ETA slipped. Last thing I heard was 3PM Eastern.

vance29

@xo.net
reply to drjim

still down here in orange, CA I've talked to a couple of reps from verizon and there is even a message on the phone telling us they are working on it....been down for almost 5 hours at least

Maui_Bob

@verizon.net

POP server came back on line at approximately 2:45pm EST here in Maryland. All email since this morning appears to be lost (at least for now). Only new messages after 2:45pm are appearing.

rai

join:2001-01-09
Bethesda, MD
reply to drjim

3:21pm Eastern
I can now log into my account, but my Inbox has only 2 messages (TOTAL!!!) from 3:10pm and 3:12pm

I presume some kind of restoration is now in process, or will be shortly.

Once restored, I hope that I won't have hundreds of old emails downloading into Outlook.

I'd sent an email to my VZ address around 11am. It didn't bounce, so it seems that it was received on a VZ mail server.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
reply to drjim

I am from the Philly area but am down in Tampa. I got off the plane this morning and got the errors as soon as I turned my phone back on.

Hope this gets fixed soon.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

DR3

@verizon.net

Virginia Beach, VA is back up for both Outlook and webmail.

drjim
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA

Still down here, with the same error message.

My wife can't access it from her work, so I'll have to wait to get home.

--

Dianne

@verizon.net
reply to rai

Has there been a refresh there yet? I'm in the Boston area and received a 4:19pm email just a moment ago, but the rest of my webmail is empty and there's no mail from 7:54 this morning until now. Server is empty except for that 4:19 email.

Maui_Bob

@verizon.net

Still no refresh (4:45pm EST), but new mail continues to arrive. Hopefully, Verizon will be able to restore lost messages -- not holding my breath tho.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
reply to drjim

I'm finding I can receive but not send... Anyone else?

anon

@rr.com
reply to drjim

Finally can access my account but all my saved emails have vanished!

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

All the old emails will take some time to restore from backups - they will show up....No ETA on all the old emails restoring.

Maui_Bob

@verizon.net
reply to John97

Yes, have tested sends to both Verizon and non-Verizon accounts. Both are working. Mail delivery continues OK, but no email traffic yet recovered from about 8:30am to 2:45pm.

tvdrew

join:2008-08-20
Washington, DC
reply to flashcore

said by flashcore:

I have 4 email accounts here, 2 work, 2 do not. When is Verizon going to dump this POS email system they are using and get something that works correctly. If its not the system loosing half the accounts for 12+ hours with no resolution in sight (sorry nycdave, your 1 hour is long past) its the email system being slow as molasses for weeks on end with no resolution.

With the various email services available (gmail, yahoo, hotmail/outlook, etc.), why not switch to one?

drjim
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA
reply to drjim

I'm at home now, and Thunderbird works fine, but I only received about 1/5th of the email I usually do after being "logged out" for so many hours.

I just sent myself a test message from another account, and it showed up in 3~4 minutes.

I'd ask the IT guys at work if they made any changes, but seeing as so many others got the same error message I did, I'm saying it's a Verizon problem.
--

drjim
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA
reply to drjim

Verizon just sent out a notice about the outage today.

»www22.verizon.com/Support/Reside···Z_N_Z123
--

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state
reply to tvdrew

said by tvdrew:

said by flashcore:

With the various email services available (gmail, yahoo, hotmail/outlook, etc.), why not switch to one?

It has more to do with lazyness, I do have other accounts I just don't feel like moving all of my contacts to them.