Search similar:

uniqs

vance29
@xo.net

vance29 to drjim

Anon

to drjim

Re: Webmail Down?

still down here in orange, CA I've talked to a couple of reps from verizon and there is even a message on the phone telling us they are working on it....been down for almost 5 hours at least

Maui_Bob
@verizon.net

Maui_Bob

Anon

POP server came back on line at approximately 2:45pm EST here in Maryland. All email since this morning appears to be lost (at least for now). Only new messages after 2:45pm are appearing.

rai
join:2001-01-09
Bethesda, MD

rai to drjim

to drjim
3:21pm Eastern
I can now log into my account, but my Inbox has only 2 messages (TOTAL!!!) from 3:10pm and 3:12pm

I presume some kind of restoration is now in process, or will be shortly.

Once restored, I hope that I won't have hundreds of old emails downloading into Outlook.

I'd sent an email to my VZ address around 11am. It didn't bounce, so it seems that it was received on a VZ mail server.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to drjim

Premium Member

to drjim
I am from the Philly area but am down in Tampa. I got off the plane this morning and got the errors as soon as I turned my phone back on.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

DR3
@verizon.net

DR3

Anon

Virginia Beach, VA is back up for both Outlook and webmail.

drjim
MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA

drjim

MVM

Still down here, with the same error message.

My wife can't access it from her work, so I'll have to wait to get home.

Dianne
@verizon.net

Dianne to rai

Anon

to rai
Has there been a refresh there yet? I'm in the Boston area and received a 4:19pm email just a moment ago, but the rest of my webmail is empty and there's no mail from 7:54 this morning until now. Server is empty except for that 4:19 email.

Maui_Bob
@verizon.net

Maui_Bob

Anon

Still no refresh (4:45pm EST), but new mail continues to arrive. Hopefully, Verizon will be able to restore lost messages -- not holding my breath tho.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to drjim

Premium Member

to drjim
I'm finding I can receive but not send... Anyone else?

anon
@rr.com

anon to drjim

Anon

to drjim
Finally can access my account but all my saved emails have vanished!

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

All the old emails will take some time to restore from backups - they will show up....No ETA on all the old emails restoring.

Maui_Bob
@verizon.net

Maui_Bob to John97

Anon

to John97
Yes, have tested sends to both Verizon and non-Verizon accounts. Both are working. Mail delivery continues OK, but no email traffic yet recovered from about 8:30am to 2:45pm.
tvdrew
join:2008-08-20
Washington, DC

tvdrew to flashcore

to flashcore
said by flashcore:

I have 4 email accounts here, 2 work, 2 do not. When is Verizon going to dump this POS email system they are using and get something that works correctly. If its not the system loosing half the accounts for 12+ hours with no resolution in sight (sorry nycdave, your 1 hour is long past) its the email system being slow as molasses for weeks on end with no resolution.

With the various email services available (gmail, yahoo, hotmail/outlook, etc.), why not switch to one?

drjim
MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA

drjim

MVM

I'm at home now, and Thunderbird works fine, but I only received about 1/5th of the email I usually do after being "logged out" for so many hours.

I just sent myself a test message from another account, and it showed up in 3~4 minutes.

I'd ask the IT guys at work if they made any changes, but seeing as so many others got the same error message I did, I'm saying it's a Verizon problem.
drjim

drjim

MVM

Verizon just sent out a notice about the outage today.

»www22.verizon.com/Suppor ··· Z_N_Z123
flashcore
join:2007-01-23
united state

flashcore to tvdrew

to tvdrew
said by tvdrew:

said by flashcore:

I have 4 email accounts here, 2 work, 2 do not. When is Verizon going to dump this POS email system they are using and get something that works correctly. If its not the system loosing half the accounts for 12+ hours with no resolution in sight (sorry nycdave, your 1 hour is long past) its the email system being slow as molasses for weeks on end with no resolution.

With the various email services available (gmail, yahoo, hotmail/outlook, etc.), why not switch to one?

It has more to do with lazyness, I do have other accounts I just don't feel like moving all of my contacts to them.