share rss forum feed

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to anon

Re: Webmail Down?

All the old emails will take some time to restore from backups - they will show up....No ETA on all the old emails restoring.

Maui_Bob

@verizon.net
reply to John97

Yes, have tested sends to both Verizon and non-Verizon accounts. Both are working. Mail delivery continues OK, but no email traffic yet recovered from about 8:30am to 2:45pm.

tvdrew

join:2008-08-20
Washington, DC
reply to flashcore

said by flashcore:

I have 4 email accounts here, 2 work, 2 do not. When is Verizon going to dump this POS email system they are using and get something that works correctly. If its not the system loosing half the accounts for 12+ hours with no resolution in sight (sorry nycdave, your 1 hour is long past) its the email system being slow as molasses for weeks on end with no resolution.

With the various email services available (gmail, yahoo, hotmail/outlook, etc.), why not switch to one?

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
reply to drjim

I'm at home now, and Thunderbird works fine, but I only received about 1/5th of the email I usually do after being "logged out" for so many hours.

I just sent myself a test message from another account, and it showed up in 3~4 minutes.

I'd ask the IT guys at work if they made any changes, but seeing as so many others got the same error message I did, I'm saying it's a Verizon problem.
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
reply to drjim

Verizon just sent out a notice about the outage today.

»www22.verizon.com/Support/Reside···Z_N_Z123
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state
reply to tvdrew

said by tvdrew:

said by flashcore:

I have 4 email accounts here, 2 work, 2 do not. When is Verizon going to dump this POS email system they are using and get something that works correctly. If its not the system loosing half the accounts for 12+ hours with no resolution in sight (sorry nycdave, your 1 hour is long past) its the email system being slow as molasses for weeks on end with no resolution.

With the various email services available (gmail, yahoo, hotmail/outlook, etc.), why not switch to one?

It has more to do with lazyness, I do have other accounts I just don't feel like moving all of my contacts to them.