how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sullyguy

join:2011-08-25
Centreville, VA

[VA] Really slow download speeds right now - same as in August

Right now download speeds are measured in low single digits - this feels like the same problem that occurred in August in Fairfax County - Cox eventually "fixed" something that cured the problem multiple users were experiencing though, even though I requested it, they never gave me feedback n what went wrong and how they fixed it.

Anyway, Fairfax County VA is really REALLY slow this morning (last night was fine).

Shadowdane

join:2000-11-02
Fairfax, VA

Re: [VA] Really slow download speeds right now - same as in Augu

Yup same problem here, also posted a thread:
»[VA] Slow Speeds / Packetloss

chimchim

join:2005-07-10
Fairfax, VA
reply to sullyguy
Same here too!

sullyguy

Centreville, VA
reply to Shadowdane
Alas, in the title of this thread I said "same as in August", however that SHOULD have been "same as in August 2011" - a couple weeks of slowdown before Cox did SOMETHING that fixed the problem for everyone.

Shadowdane

join:2000-11-02
Fairfax, VA
reply to sullyguy
Seems they might of fixed it here. At least I'm back to normal.

sullyguy

Centreville, VA
Yes - here it is back to normal as well - multiple different server test. We'll see if it lasts...or if someone from Cox gets back about the problem and the fix anywhere I've given them a Heads Up direct and indirect!

chimchim

join:2005-07-10
Fairfax, VA
reply to sullyguy
I'm back to normal as well...

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
reply to sullyguy
Well looking over Shadowdane See Profile thread, it appears it was simply cox's routing going bad. Which one of there routers or such was having issue's with packet loss. Something like this cox will pick up over time, as it was most likely affecting a good area of cox customers.