share rss forum feed

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA
kudos:3
reply to damn

Re: Blurry video on a security camera. Wiring?

The op has a cablling issue.
A longer replacement cable will probably be thicker to help handle the voltage drop.
Good luck in finding a replacement cable.
--
Getting it Done.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
Focus issue.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
if you switch the cameras, what happens?
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Unxchay

join:2003-10-14
Milwaukee, WI

1 recommendation

reply to damn
OT... has reading for comprehension become a lost art? I realize this is the internet where a certain level of TL:DR is de rigueur, but seriously.

Good luck, BTW. I concur that the blur looks entirely uniform which would NOT indicate a focus issue, unless you accidentally mounted the camera to a small vibrating motor.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to AVD
Said by OP in his original first post:

quote:
Everything works great except for the camera that is the furthest away. The picture is very blurry, almost like the camera is out of focus, which it's not because I confirmed by connecting another camera and it's same exact way.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
said by Jack_in_VA:

Said by OP in his original first post:

quote:
Everything works great except for the camera that is the furthest away. The picture is very blurry, almost like the camera is out of focus, which it's not because I confirmed by connecting another camera and it's same exact way.

Yeah, except it's hard to explain bokeh like that.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
it could be both cameras have the same focal point (or whatever technical optical term)
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
said by AVD:

it could be both cameras have the same focal point (or whatever technical optical term)

Indeed, I was thinking earlier that maybe they have a focus point that is not infinity. Are they adjustable?

sparks

join:2001-07-08
Little Rock, AR
Since you swapped cameras it sure sounds like the cable and splice.

I an installing a system right now.
What cameras are you using.
Mine are 1/4" ccd sony cameras and I can't recognize myself 10' form the camera.
Its all yuck on the video.
its a zmodo 8 channel system. I only have one camera installed because of work and weather which only goes bad when I am off. LOL
This weekend is again rain. I want to try another cable and camera and see if that is my problem.
You pic looks clear and bright in the second pic.

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ
reply to damn
»www.monoprice.com/products/subde···=1020307

these are probably better than the stock cables. can't go wrong for the price.

you may want to hook up the power to that camera as close as possible also. i assume your power hookup to the suspect camera is right by the DVR? is it even a seperate connection for the power?

cutting and splicing is not a good idea for security camera cables, especially if done half-assed with wire nuts/electric tape. just get a new cable and drill the hole bigger. use silicone to seal it when you're done.
Expand your moderator at work