share rss forum feed

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

[Money] MoP Ore Shuffle

I've read some stuff on the MoP ore shuffle...

I think the jury is out on whether or not it will be as profitable, especially with no new bags to eat up enchanting mats and sell for lots and lots.

No TUJ spreadsheet yet. Probably won't see one for at least 6 weeks.

For some back-story, here's my thread on the Cataclysm Ore Shuffle: »[Money] Cataclysm Shuffle
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Wouldn't you start to see the profit climb as more and more people get socketed gear? Right now, people are still leveling and doing heroics and very few people are raiding, right?

Once everyone breaks out into raid gear and LFR gets obliterated, you're going to see a sharp rise in demand for JC items, right?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to drew
and some aholes are putting gems at 10g each (the new ones, yes) and enchant scrolls for less than 1g.. WTF is this?

Only profitable things I saw are the agility gems, the rest are at laughable prices..

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
Yeah, I was seeing the same. I picked 120 STR, AGI, and INT for less than 20G each.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

Buy them all up. Buy all the gems now and sit on them for later for big bucks.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Archivis:

Buy them all up. Buy all the gems now and sit on them for later for big bucks.

definitely. we need to develop this as a reflex action. heck even if they are only marginally useful for leveling up... we have lots of alts.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to drew
Another thing to remember is that node respawn rates may change drastically one the flood of levling people pass. Right now they want everyone to be able to level professions. A month from now when the only people gathering are looking to turn a profit they will likely change the respawn rate and/or node density to compensate for this.

You can almost guarantee that if you buy up a ton of those cheap scrolls and/or gems that in a few weeks time you'll be able to resell them for big profit.
--
Eumaeus - Guardian Druid
GM of Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
Recruiting 2 Heals/1 Hunter for 10m MoP
Tues/Wed 7:30-11:00 EST Msg for Info

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by Eumaeus:

Another thing to remember is that node respawn rates may change drastically one the flood of levling people pass.

I'm thinking that is going to be the case. Along with more people farming. I had no problem gathering over 300 ore an a couple of hours, seemed like no one else was mining. This could be because the hard core players don't have gathering skills as the bonuses aren't as good as the crafting.

Speaking of crafting. I'm looking at the dragonkin trinket with three cog sockets. The cogs that go into them are 600 points each. I'm seeing that being huge seller and cheap to make, 2 bars each.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

definitely. we need to develop this as a reflex action. heck even if they are only marginally useful for leveling up... we have lots of alts.

Stop agreeing with me. You're breaking character!
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Archivis:

said by Immer:

nonsense! I have to agree with you when you are in the right.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Well played.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Archivis:

said by Immer:

nonsense! I have to agree with you when you are in the right.

I think Arch should join the Allies. Just saying.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I don't think I would fit in well with a PG setting.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to drew
I have quite a bit of gold I should invest for our guild but I haven't visted an AH once yet this expansion.

Besides Gems, Scrolls, and Ore, what else do you think might go up?

Herbs? Enchanting mats? Leather? Anyone mind explaining their business logic here?

I get people don't have new gear with gem slots yet. But people must also not be flasking/potioning/enchanting. Maybe leather is high just for the sake of people maxing it out. But I need more then 3 markets if I am going to go in an invest all in 1 shot.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

I don't think I would fit in well with a PG setting.

You can always go rated "R" or above in a whisper Actually, you could still have Skype and Vent up at the same time. The good side of you can be all nice in vent, while the bad Arch can be a sailor in Skype! DO EEET. I think we need DPS
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I'm not throwing anymore money at this game than I need to. I have a level 25 guild, several alts and my wife has the same. It would take a bit of money to transfer our wealth elsewhere.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Archivis:

I'm not throwing anymore money at this game than I need to. I have a level 25 guild, several alts and my wife has the same. It would take a bit of money to transfer our wealth elsewhere.

Just fill your bags with goodies and send over two toons. With herilooms you can rock a new set of toons. The gang over here is helping out tremdenously. Since the economy sucks, we just help each other out. Saves us all time and money.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I know how it works. I transferred from Feathermoon to Mal'Ganis and it wasn't cheap.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Archivis:

I know how it works. I transferred from Feathermoon to Mal'Ganis and it wasn't cheap.

Well, I plan on sending one more toon over. So far I sent over my Alliance Shaman and my Warlock from Mal'Ganis. I will likely send over my Mage/DK/Rogue/ here in a few weeks. I am having fun again. It is nice having like 10-12 people on. Seems like something is always going on and we run the AH it seems like. Everytime I post something, it is against a guildee. So, I think we can see great profits if we try to corner things.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
The guild leader isn't a huge fan of me.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Archivis:

You don't have to be fans to join a guild with a good group of helpful people. Everyone can have the differences of opinions. I think the more great players we get, the better end game is going to be. So far, it is looking good if you ask me.
--
67 Pogasim (Monk Brewmaster), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Ginjer
There is no one buying except us...

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Lothario:

There is no one buying except us...

It is no big deal. I understand that some don't like WoW anymore and that some just prefer to be elsewhere. I like when people enjoy the game. For me, I am enjoying the game again. People are active and helpful, which makes the game fun.
--
67 Pogasim (Monk Brewmaster), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

Lothario

Ottawa, ON
I was talking about the AH, I bought some ore off you yesterday.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
It is now called "The Guild Auction House". Buy and sell to/from guildies.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Archivis:

It is now called "The Guild Auction House". Buy and sell to/from guildies.

I brought up the idea of having a ALT Guild Bank. That way all the lowbie profession mats can be put in the back up bank to help power level professions. Maybe have a set withdrawl fee of like 15g a stack or something. I think that overtime that could be beneficial to a raiding guild.
--

Lothario

Ottawa, ON
Everyone should have a gathering toon, no need to have an alt guild. If you have an alt guild, you'd have to level it up too.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Lothario:

Everyone should have a gathering toon, no need to have an alt guild. If you have an alt guild, you'd have to level it up too.

You don't have to level it up. It is there solely for bank space. All you need is a three or four officers to have accesses. I don't see that being a big deal.
--

Lothario

Ottawa, ON
yeah, brain fart on my part.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

Woah... I completely missed the rest of this thread.

Hey, Archivis... if you and your wife would like to come over, that would be great. Yes, we do have a PG rating requirement for vent and chat channels. I'm not saying you can't curse, just do it without PTT for Vent. Let me or one of my officers deal with personnel issues in the guild, and just have fun running content with friends and family.

I can definitely appreciate the financial concerns... and moving (both IRL and in game) is never fun. Just move one toon for each of you to test the waters.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.