Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Ginjer

Re: [Money] MoP Ore Shuffle

Except we old, married and keyboard turners.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to Ginjer
Immer, did you set up Ginjer with some Powerthirst when he transferred to Nath?

He has been UNCOMFORTABLY ENERGETIC for the past week or so.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

1 recommendation

said by mettachain:

When I see something with potential, I shoot for it.
--
67 Pogasim (Monk Brewmaster), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

I would love to be able to take credit for this... but I cannot. My theory is that he recently perfected Arc Reactor Technology and is testing it on himself first, lol.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Immer:

said by mettachain:

I would love to be able to take credit for this... but I cannot. My theory is that he recently perfected Arc Reactor Technology and is testing it on himself first, lol.

Don't worry, it is slowly deteriorating. I refuse to give up, but the motivation is starting to lack a little.

NEEED MOOOOO POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA!
--
67 Pogasim (Monk Brewmaster), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Just watch some old spice commercials for inspiration.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Archivis:

Just watch some old spice commercials for inspiration.

Half naked men do not do it for me. Although the commercials are quite funny from time to time.

"Im on a horse."

Nuff said
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
lol... and now my coworkers know I'm stupid, rofl.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

1 edit
reply to Ginjer
Watch the Alyssa Milano reply to the old spice guy.

»m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri ··· _uri=%2F

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

said by Lothario:

Guild transfer IMO.

I tried man. Although, that would be great. That would eliminate any language barriers. Imagine that, two guilds with the same people untied essentially as one?! Could it work, I think so!

Thoughts? Bashes (Waiting on Arch here)

People work better when not tied up.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to drew
Will try to start keeping some better records but here's some rough results from a round of the shuffle last night.

Time Spent Mining: 1 hr 15 mins

Stacks Ghost Iron Ore obtained: 32 Stacks
Black/White Triullium Ore obtained: 35 Ore (Above avg for time)

Prospecting yielded 31 assorted rare gems.
Saving up for now but varied by color value: [Approx 6500g]
Crafted all uncommon gems into 81 rings/necklaces - 10 proc rare.

Sold Rare jewelry for 100-300g ea: [Approx 1500g]

Disenchanted the 71 uncommon jewelry and converted mats into assorted vellums based on current AH prices. Overnight sale yielded [5400g] - noteworthy that this was last night so vellums listed right at the end of the first raid evening, 11 PMish.

Overall (while neglecting the trillium value) I'd say the session had a net value of approximately 13k gold for total time spent farming and processing 2 hours. I'll try to create a more accurate spreadsheet for an upcoming round.
--
Eumaeus - Guardian Druid
GM of Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
Recruiting 2 Heals/1 Hunter for 10m MoP
Tues/Wed 7:30-11:00 EST Msg for Info

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
A+ work!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Eumaeus
Hey, who said you could come in here with hard effort and derail this conversation back to its original subject?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Eumaeus
said by Eumaeus:

Will try to start keeping some better records but here's some rough results from a round of the shuffle last night.

Time Spent Mining: 1 hr 15 mins

Where did you go mine?
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

Hey, who said you could come in here with hard effort and derail this conversation back to its original subject?

Arch you are no longer cared about... I poured my heart and my soul into trying to persuade you... I now... Well... Have to laugh at what I just wrote...

Cheers.
--

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA

1 edit
reply to drew
I care about Arch! His valuable contributions have given me countless things to read from work. Think of it this way, if I didn't re-rail the convo, you couldn't re-de-rail it.

I mine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms - I can mark up a map when I'm at home but I have a path that's long enough for the start to respawn at the current rates. I only fight a mob for a node if it's Rich or Trillium since respawn rates are high enough to not waste time fighting.

Attempting a text description would be start to at the bottom of the map south of the gazebo with the Golden Lotus dailies. The path where NPC's are fighting mobs often has a ton of nodes and nothing aggros. From there fly west to the river and follow it north to the center grabbing and nodes along the river. I don't enter the lake unless there's trillium since you'll lose time swimming and fighting crocs.

From there cut straight west across the map through the ruins and to the wall to the Dread Wastes - several spawns along the way and almost always one at the ring of stones. Fly north to where all the spiders are - nearly a dozen node locations can spawn there. Can be annoying though because many nodes are within aggro range of stationary spiders and there are many spiders patrolling also.

Cut back to the Golden Stair looking for nodes along the base of the wall there. Only fly up into the daily area for a node if people have killed the mobs around the node for you. Where the stairs come all the way down to ground level follow the hills to the center of the map and back to the Golden Stair on the other side of the staircase. Follow the base of the stairs east on the other side all the way back to the middle of the map north of the Golden Lotus dailies and fly south to begin again.

Edited to correct poor mental image of compass directions /facepalm

--
Eumaeus - Guardian Druid
GM of Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
Recruiting 2 Heals/1 Hunter for 10m MoP
Tues/Wed 7:30-11:00 EST Msg for Info

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to drew
Now I just need to get home and find 3 Living Steel transmutes so I can try to sell some JC mounts : ) How are they selling on you guys' servers?

The JC panthers are ranging (on the AH anyway) from 32k-45k on Sargeras.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Eumaeus
Hey, we all love Arch's witty remarks about life. However, he doesn't feel the same about us these days. We just aren't good enough for him. Tisk Tisk.
--

Feramors

join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO
reply to drew
I've been poking a bit on this thread, but haven't read too much into it.

So, essentially, you're mining, then prospecting all of the ore you find?

What are you classifying as rare gems? River's Heart and whatnot? The types needed to do research?

And what are uncommon gems? Just the normal ones you find when you prospect?

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

said by Archivis:

It is now called "The Guild Auction House". Buy and sell to/from guildies.

I brought up the idea of having a ALT Guild Bank. That way all the lowbie profession mats can be put in the back up bank to help power level professions. Maybe have a set withdrawl fee of like 15g a stack or something. I think that overtime that could be beneficial to a raiding guild.

I already have a 6 tab guild bank we could use. I've been using it for exactly this.. storing excess mats.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to drew
I had to organize the G vault too. Out with the old , in with the new!

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Goldheart
Sounds like a plan to me. Run it by Immer and the gang and see who is interested.
--

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
said by Ginjer:

Sounds like a plan to me. Run it by Immer and the gang and see who is interested.

I asked a few times but never got a reply. Everyone either too busy or not interested.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Goldheart:

said by Ginjer:

I asked a few times but never got a reply. Everyone either too busy or not interested.

The fault is mine... I have been working on a way to first reduce our overall inventory before filling up your professions guild, but I had also fallen behind in my gearing for raid nights. You are not being ignored, I just haven't had an opportunity to mete out my online time very effectively of late.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Goldheart
said by Goldheart:

said by Ginjer:

I am sure we can get it all figured out. I wonder how we should approach it though? Should we limit to "x" amount of stacks per item?
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
Whatever goes into Goldheart's gbank will be considered "extra leveling mats". That will leave the PnE guild bank with 7 tabs dedicated to MoP lvl items/recipes/mats. If anyone needs help power leveling a profession they'd just whisper one of Goldheart's toons or his fiance's toons for mats. He'll also have free reign to invest excess mats in the AH and turn the profits into glyphs for the guild so that our 90s will have any glyphs they need to be flexible raiders.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Immer:

Whatever goes into Goldheart's gbank will be considered "extra leveling mats". That will leave the PnE guild bank with 7 tabs dedicated to MoP lvl items/recipes/mats. If anyone needs help power leveling a profession they'd just whisper one of Goldheart's toons or his fiance's toons for mats. He'll also have free reign to invest excess mats in the AH and turn the profits into glyphs for the guild so that our 90s will have any glyphs they need to be flexible raiders.

I still think those who are going to be power leveling professions should have to donate something back. While giving out freebies is good, some type of monetary gain should be implemented. IE 10g flat rate per stack or something like that. A little goes a long ways.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Ginjer:

I still think those who are going to be power leveling professions should have to donate something back. While giving out freebies is good, some type of monetary gain should be implemented. IE 10g flat rate per stack or something like that. A little goes a long ways.

Most do on their own, I see no need to implement a fee/tax. Frostguard has already dumped a bunch of pots/flasks in the gbank, we had plenty of feasts for the raid, and we've been crafting gear for fresh 90s. Those who only take and never give are known already... and don't need to be called out. Grace allows everyone time to contribute and make things right in the end.

Goldheart will have free reign on the pre-MoP mats that I have pulled from the gbank and sent to him. The gbank will remain as it has been... a way to benefit the guild by sharing stuff for raiding and min/max.

Everyone has the opportunity to donate gold, guild repairs are open always, and I have yet to receive any requests for gold from the gbank. If that comes up, I'll discuss with officers.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
Sounds good to me. Should hit 85 early tonight. Have about 3 bubbles left. I wasted like an hour yesterday solving archy, only to find out that after 525, most of the old world and northrend, etc. don't guarantee you levels. Boy was I mad.
--