Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jpc82

join:2011-02-13
Woodbridge, ON
reply to Mister_E

Re: [Internet] Corrupt Downloads

She is supposed to get a call from someone today, but so far they haven't been able to figure anything out.

Yes, the problem is worse on large files, but I assume it is just a statistical thing. If 1 in 100,000,000 bits is wrong then you will see that in a larger file more often. Since the smaller file may just get lucky and not get a bad bit, but it still could.

Yes, I have told her not to update anything since that is also my worry. At least Microsoft and Apple are smart enough to sign and verify their files so it gets caught, but if they didn't and the 10.8.2 update happened she could have had a broken OS.

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

said by jpc82:

Yes, the problem is worse on large files, but I assume it is just a statistical thing. If 1 in 100,000,000 bits is wrong then you will see that in a larger file more often. Since the smaller file may just get lucky and not get a bad bit, but it still could.

My thoughts exactly.

Whereabouts in Etobicoke - I'm in a Condo near 427 & Rathburn.

Could be an issue with the Remote or wiring or perhaps in the CO itself if we're using the same one...

jpc82

join:2011-02-13
Woodbridge, ON

said by Mister_E:

My thoughts exactly.

Whereabouts in Etobicoke - I'm in a Condo near 427 & Rathburn.

Could be an issue with the Remote or wiring or perhaps in the CO itself if we're using the same one...

She is located close to there on Odessa.