spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stevei

@aeronix.com

[CFL] 8300HDC After Update, Resolution Setting doesn't stick

My Brighthouse 8300HDC DVR received an update recently. Ever since the update the resolution in the settings menu doesn't stick. Every time I turn the DVR on, I have to reprogram the setting.

I normally have only 1080I enabled and let the DVR do the scan conversion. Ever since the update, it comes up with 480I, 480P and 720P enabled so the TV and receiver lose sync.

has anyone else seen this issue?

Is there a fix?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Do you have the light or dark guide?

stevei

@aeronix.com

The dark guide.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

Do you have the light or dark guide?

Can I Change the from the New Color scheme back to the Old one if the folks don't like it ?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

no

rbmoving

@bhn.net

Seems his original question got missed....and he got side tracked on the Color issue. Question was; the 1080i settings that the BHN techs always set when installing new Boxes.....his will not remain on that settings.

He is advising he has the New Guide. Is the issue he has described a change in the new guide software? Using a different setting other than 1080i causes the channel change to be delayed....searching for the proper resolution or at least that is how it was with the Blue Guide.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

Nope not missed just busy today.

rbmoving

@bhn.net
reply to stevei

Got the new Dark Guide today....the 1080i setting "Sticks". I have the Cisco 8742 Box

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

stevei

@aeronix.com

I will check which box I have tonight. I will also cycle power to reload the software to see if that fixes the problem.

stevei

@aeronix.com
reply to BHNtechXpert

I actually have a SA 8300HD DVR. I pulled the plug and waited a minute, and reconnected the power.

DVR rebooted but the problem still exists.

If you turn the box off and then back on with a minute, the resolution value sticks. If you power the box off and back on the next day, the resolutions have been reset to the default with 480I, 480P, 720P and 1080I all enabled.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

When you say power off the box do you mean by the remote or are you totally removing power from the box...so it's dark...no status lights nothing....

steveni

@aeronix.com

I mean with the remote. I have to remove the DVR from the cabinet to disconnect the power cord and reboot the box.

Effectively, if you shotdown the unit with thremote and come hours later, the resolution setting is back to the default value.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

Okay let me do some checking and I'll get back with you. In the meantime I need additional information from you. Open a direct forums thread and include your IP address so I can pull account specific data.

loosegoose

join:2012-12-13
reply to stevei

I have two 8300HD units and have the identical problem on both. Where should I look for a response?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

The solution is above in this thread.

steveni1234

join:2012-10-03
Melbourne, FL
reply to loosegoose

I still have the problem. Currently, I have programmed the box to come up on a 1080P station. I then go into the menu and clear all of the unwanted resolutions. As long as I don't cycle power on the TV, the resolutions remain.

I had a similar problem some years ago with audio selection. I got around it at the time by wiring the cable box with component video and ran the audio through a coax connection. At some point there was a software update that corrected the problem so I was able to switch to an HDMI cable. All was good for over a year until this most recent software update.

I checked into a Samsung box at the local Brighthouse office but they fly off the shelves here in Melbourne. Also, it's unclear if the Samsung box has the same problem or not.

I have a Panasonic Plasma and a Yamaha receiver. What equipment do you have?

Steve

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

Are all of you in CFL?

steveni1234

Melbourne, FL

I am in Melbourne.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to stevei

Thank you...

steveni1234

Melbourne, FL

Problem Solved...

We swapped the 8300HD box with a Samsung box. The settings stick just fine on the Samsung box.

Steve