Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[Wireless LTE]LTE in Kitchener-Waterloo

Anyone with LTE in the K-Dub area? Looks like Rogers finished their long awaited promise...wondering if it is true that I can burn through my cap in 5 minutes.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
I just checked my phone, it says LTE (Kitchener downtown)

Around 1800 kB\sec down - around 200 kB\sec up
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by damir52:

I just checked my phone, it says LTE (Kitchener downtown)

Around 1800 kB\sec down - around 200 kB\sec up

I guess that's good? That works out to 18megs. Well, it is about 2-3 times quicker than 3G.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
I was in Quebec about 10 days ago, i was getting the same results over there, so, i would say its about right.
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

bryan1212

join:2012-10-09
reply to J E F F
Coverage map shows that The Boardwalk area (where I live) is all covered with LTE now....I can say its still not as of today....barely get 1-2 bars out here....

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by bryan1212:

Coverage map shows that The Boardwalk area (where I live) is all covered with LTE now....I can say its still not as of today....barely get 1-2 bars out here....

That's the boonies though, have you tried in the city much? How's the speed?
--

bryan1212

join:2012-10-09
reply to J E F F
Ummm.. the boardwalk is a massive shopping center, WITH a ROGERS store in the middle...its kind of inexcusable that they have slim to nil service.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to J E F F
Yeah The Boardwalk is a huge growth area for the KW Region. The area will see continued development to the north as Waterloo builds a massive new subdivision north of Columbia and east of Wilmot line. Did lots of riding up that way in the spring/summer and the area being developed is HUGE.

In the thick of Kitchener I'd love to try out Bell's claim of 150Mbps LTE and what the real world speed is.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to bryan1212
said by bryan1212:

Ummm.. the boardwalk is a massive shopping center, WITH a ROGERS store in the middle...its kind of inexcusable that they have slim to nil service.

I just noticed that Rogers in the Kitchener part of that massive mall today when I went to that Wal*Mart. I'm only suggesting that it is the boonies because it's on the western edge of the city.

Off topic, I'm not sure what they're thinking with that huge development. They want people in the downtown/uptown cores and to use the new Light Rail Transit system, not happening if you're allowing these things. I never imagined such wild growth in that area, two large shopping centres on either side of The Boardwalk too. Here's the kicker -- a developer wants to build some mid-rise condo/apartments on Glasgow -- guess who's complaining, the neighbours. It will destroy value of their homes. This sort of crap needs to be sorted out before they develop these massive big box shopping centres.
--

DSMdude

join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON
May not be considered the boonies anymore but the service in that area is still slim to none; especially as you get near the theatre and the gym.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
I like that theatre....

I imagine once Rogers surveys the area they'll improve coverage. Will be thousands of people moving in that area over the next 5 years or so, on both sides.
--

shaincruz

join:2012-10-10
reply to J E F F
I am in Vancouver about last 7 days ago. i was got same results over here, then, i would say its about right. Thank's