uniqs
imosh
join:2009-01-27
Washington, NJ

imosh to NormanS

to NormanS

Re: [E-mail] Email Delay- why?

the problem is when we scan to email.

-were setting up ftp, but no one in the office likes change, hence the complaining about the 4 minutes +

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

How fast is your upload then? On that note, how big are these files are you scanning. Are you using WebMail or your own server or what?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by SHoTTa35 :

How fast is your upload then? On that note, how big are these files are you scanning. Are you using WebMail or your own server or what?

In the first place, he is using an SMTP client. See this line from his headers:
Received: from SCE4009F ([69.141XXXXXX])
   by omta01.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast
   id 4bQN1k00E0n8DgM3MbQXxS; Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:24:32 +0000

The inclusion of a computer name ("SCE4009F") indicates the use of a Microsoft mail client; all others I have used "EHLO" with the computer's local IP Address.

In the second place, the email will not be moved to the next MTA in line until the submission server has received the complete message. So upload time is not a factor here.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to imosh

Premium Member

to imosh
said by imosh:

the problem is when we scan to email.

-were setting up ftp, but no one in the office likes change, hence the complaining about the 4 minutes +

An awesome example why "Scan to email" is a dumb idea for realtime usage.
Not terrible if you are actually sending to someone else (figure manual scan to file, find file, attach file, and send email will take as long but for same person same office scan to file, open file will be much faster.