Search similar:

uniqs
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

Shaman Question

I've never played a shaman, but decided to try it this xpac especially since I could get one to 80 with a scroll. Started with enhancement spec and loving it so far (level 84) except for the totems. I remember seeing shamans drop multiple totems at once a while ago. Reading about it now seems that it's no longer doable since the totems work differently, however it's a huge pain in the ass to drop them one at a time considering that most of the time I need the same ones over and over again while leveling.

I tried searching the official forums, but aside from wonderful commentary on whose mother is a bigger whore not much information there. Icyveins doesn't have much information on totem mechanics that I've seen.

Is there an addon, macro, anything else that helps with totem management in this xpac.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Don't treat them as "totems", just additional abilities or CDs to manage. IcyVeins covers the relevant ones in the abilities and cooldowns discussion here »icy-veins.com/enhancemen ··· bilities.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Dodge

Premium Member

to Dodge
Generally you only need to plant Searing Totem while leveling, for Searing Flames or general damage. Dropping 4 at once is no longer necessary.

If you like the visual aspect, there is a glyph (forget the name) that drops "phantom" totems, so if you drop 1, you get 3 inert ones along with it.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Yes, it's called Glyph of Totemic Encirclement. It's purely cosmentic and a Minor glyph.

Like Immer said, treat Totems as additional CDs you use situationally. The only constant Totem you will use is Searing Totem (now with smarter targeting!) For larger packs of enemies, use Magma Totem.

When you know you'll be taking some damage drop your Healing Stream totem.

The changes have made Totems a lot more powerful than before and what the old totem used to bring is now integrated into passive bonus of each spec of the Shaman class.

Happy hunting with your Enhancement Shaman! They are a lot of fun.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Dodge

to Dodge
the totem glyph seems decent for pvp perhaps.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Phantasee:

the totem glyph seems decent for pvp perhaps.

If the players hit the wrong one, I could see that as making total sense. Are they targetable?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Phantasee

to Phantasee
no it's not decent for anything.

you can make target macros for the exact names of the ACTUAL totems.

the ONLY thing the totem glyph is good for is helping ease those new shaman into a different way of visually taking in the changes.