how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

questionable

join:2005-10-18
Phoenix, AZ

[AZ] Static IP's with Residental?

Does Cox allow static IP's with thier residental service?

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5

said by questionable:

Does Cox allow static IP's with thier residental service?

no, you would need to get the Business SOHO product to get a static IP

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to questionable

I know I've had the same IP for forever and a day it seems, but regardless I use a dynamic dns service anyways so it follows my IP and I also don't have to remember my IP.

questionable

join:2005-10-18
Phoenix, AZ
reply to questionable

They are smoking some serious ganja to be offering those speeds at those prices!

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to questionable

you're pretty much static unless you're on a node with limited ip pool.
even if your ip hasn't changed in eons, cox won't give you reverse dns auth. you'll need soho or biz.
--
Despises any post with strings.

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
reply to digiblur

said by digiblur:

I know I've had the same IP for forever and a day it seems, but regardless I use a dynamic dns service anyways so it follows my IP and I also don't have to remember my IP.

You know you can set your router (if it has the feature) to auto-update your dynamic DNS service with your current IP address.

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

said by kv2009:

said by digiblur:

You know you can set your router (if it has the feature) to auto-update your dynamic DNS service with your current IP address.

Yep, been doing that for years. I use it quite a bit with the OpenVPN connection running.