spc
uniqs

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Curious1

to Curious1

Re: [MoP] assassination or subtlety for pve, mist of pandaria

When I checked noxxic over the weekend their simcraft said sub was pulling about 92k in T14 normal, with all raid buffs and boss debuffs available, followed by combat at 89k and muti at 86k.

Curious12
join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA

Curious12

yea thats what i read too, maybe i am doing something wrong or my stats priority is just not right ....If someone can armory my toon and take a look i would be very grateful .

Toon name - Kickthehabit(orc rogue)
Server - trollbane
Curious12

Curious12

said by Curious12:

yea thats what i read too, maybe i am doing something wrong or my stats priority is just not right ....If someone can armory my toon and take a look i would be very grateful .

Toon name - Kickthehabit(orc rogue)
Server - trollbane

anyone ?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

couple things, i know .22 % hit is not much but it does help try to squeeze that in, and you not enchanted or gemmed so i would say that youre doing fine you dont have anything to complain about.

i would ask why you reforged 674 haste to get to 659 haste? keep more haste, squeeze some more crit or something to get your hit to 7.5 and then worry about mastery.

oh youre a rogue youre not hindered by a wasted global, drop the +60 expertise for a hit or haste gem

Curious12
Newport News, VA

1 edit

Curious12

Thank you for looking at my gear . When i get home i will look at the haste i reforged out, i was trying to follow the mastery >haste logic.Which one of the following is the right stat priority i get confused as different websites say different

1) Agil>hit+exp>mastery>haste>crit

Or
2) Agil >hit+exp>haste>mastery>crit

so expertise is not that important for a rogue ?
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

1 edit

Arsinic

I havent read anything on MoP rogue as Ive swittched to monk, but for previous rogue stats it was

Agil>hit+exp>haste/crit/mastery..

Im not certain if the new talents make mastery more worth it, but it was the worst for sub previously. With the 90 patch thats the itemization i was using at 85 and it was legit.

Sub requires a lot of micro management that other rogue specs dont require. It is a bit more difficult while learnign the fights to maintian a proper rotation if you arent well versed in the nuances of sub. Try out lolbladeflurry if your worried about meters. If I get sat for raid tonight ill probably level up my rogue a bit and test the sub waters(damn out of town weekend wedding cutting into my heroic grind)
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Curious12

Premium Member

to Curious12
technically no, if you have energy you can hit shit, hince why you are not hurt by a wasted global cause if you have the energy then boom hit his ass, this is where haste helps its not end all but it helps with energy regen when you arent in a burn phase, blowing cooldowns. mastery for sub, bleed damage is great, but if youre resource starved then it does fuck all. i would say mastery mathematically wins out over haste but not by that much, hit is the important stat, as for exp when youre out doing dailies or w/e it may take you a bit longer to stab a bitch in the ass but, in a raid or dungeon, where the mob should be focused on a tank then you shouldnt see a noticeable difference from 7.5 to 6.5 exp.

so i would go agi>hit>mastery>= haste>exp>crit

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

said by cymraeg:

technically no, if you have energy you can hit shit, hince why you are not hurt by a wasted global cause if you have the energy then boom hit his ass, this is where haste helps its not end all but it helps with energy regen when you arent in a burn phase, blowing cooldowns. mastery for sub, bleed damage is great, but if youre resource starved then it does fuck all. i would say mastery mathematically wins out over haste but not by that much, hit is the important stat, as for exp when youre out doing dailies or w/e it may take you a bit longer to stab a bitch in the ass but, in a raid or dungeon, where the mob should be focused on a tank then you shouldnt see a noticeable difference from 7.5 to 6.5 exp.

so i would go agi>hit>mastery>= haste>exp>crit

Thanks man, i am going to reforge when i get home n try this out.Will having low expertise impact my aoeing stuff down in dungeons ?

on the flip side i got some better gear and did 65k on the first boss in the seige of nizhau temple(vizir something is his name).
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

the exp is for sub, sub really doesnt have an effective aoe, even with the new and improved talents, if its a heavy aoe fight switch to com or muti

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

said by cymraeg:

the exp is for sub, sub really doesnt have an effective aoe, even with the new and improved talents, if its a heavy aoe fight switch to com or muti

Thanks man will do .One more question , for a while i was rolling with dagger in main hand and fist weapon in OH as i couldnt get a good dagger for my OH.Couldnt equip the fist weapon in the MH as that throws backstab out of the window.For sub is it good to roll with daggers on both hands or dagger mh and axe/fist weapon oh is good ?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

sub/muti = dag/dag

com refer to Skittles list

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

said by cymraeg:

sub/muti = dag/dag

Awesome, one of the daggers i have has lower damage than the heroic one i have .Does it matter which dagger i equip on what hand ?

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Curious12:

said by cymraeg:

sub/muti = dag/dag

Awesome, one of the daggers i have has lower damage than the heroic one i have .Does it matter which dagger i equip on what hand ?

Does that matter anymore? Same with weapon speed? I thought I read somewhere they changed that? Could be wrong.

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

which hand to equip slow or fast weapons was out of the window i remember reading that somewhere, but what hand to equip the lower damage dagger versus the higher damage dagger i am unsure of

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

As of MoP daggers are now 1.8 weapon speed, so if you are playing muti or sub the dagger in your MH will be 1.8 regardless so just use the highest dps dagger.

For combat, which is a very versitile spec to level and dungeon with, use the list I gave in my last post in this thread.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Curious12

to Curious12
For all specs you want the highest DPS weapon in the MH slot. Though for sub and muti you have to have a dagger in MH to use backstab or mutilation. Oddly enough, even muti and sub benefit from SnD being up now, so you're going to see some rogues looking like they are in seizures.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

said by bTU:

... so you're going to see some rogues looking like they are in seizures.

lol. My friend in RL plays a warlock in my guild and when we run together and I pop killing spree he always says it looks like a damn helicopter crashed into the mobs...love that shit

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12 to bTU

to bTU
sorry to sound like a scrub, but what is Snd ?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

slice n dice (increase attack speed)
mettachain

mettachain to Skittles

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

lol. My friend in RL plays a warlock

your friend needs to differentiate between games and real life

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12 to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

slice n dice (increase attack speed)

ahh thanks, gona go home n take out some of the reforge i have for exp and put mastery /haste instead

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
that or I need to try better syntax....

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Curious12

to Curious12
said by Curious12:

said by cymraeg:

sub/muti = dag/dag

higher dmg in your mainhand; more damage in your "backstab"/envenom in assassination, and more damage in your backstab/eviscerate in sub.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Um its called dispatch now show sum respekt

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

respect for theiving, shadow crawling, assassins?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

rouges r teh best mang i kik ur ass lets deul in sw

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
Rogues are ninjas. A few facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Nick D

to Nick D
i'll bring 39 of my other Hordies with me and I'll duel you.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

I'd like to point out that my sum total of duel wins is roughly ... I think 1, for the achievement.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

i don't like dueling either.