spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ds5v50
join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

[TWC] It's Here !! WOH

I just ordered Extreme, 30/5 They are ups'ing me the modem and it should be here by Thursday. I cannot wait.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Was it just available today? It's been advertised on TWCMidOhio.com for sometime now for Fremont/Clyde.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

I have been trying for about 2 months calling in and being told it was not yet available on our node. seeing odities in my modem this past few days told me to call in and ask for extreme. It happily paid off.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

ahh! makes sense. i know its OT but have you tried 5g yet?

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

said by hottboiinnc4:

ahh! makes sense. i know its OT but have you tried 5g yet?

Are you talking 5g cell or the 5gMesh wisp in town here?
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

The 5g Mesh - that really isn't a mesh from what I've gathered on how they're set up. They use a CPE that connects back to their towers. Fremont has 5 towers.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

I'll be able to tell you about it all tomorrow. My Father-In-law is scheduled for an install tomorrow. He hopes to run magicJack and Davis Weather Software through it. In hopes of dropping his ATT DSL.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Okay. I'm curious to know what their CPE is. I've been told its UBNT and i've been told its Canopy. But no real information.

And thanks!

BTW- it looks like Buckeye is their backbone connection.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

Boy have I got a story. 5gmesh is running on Time Warner Cable backbone. My father-in-laws ip is even in the same subnet as mine The system is quite simple really. It is a wireless 4 ghz lan link to 5gmesh receiver. the receiver is tied into a TWC residential modem. it is a natted connection that you would never be able to run inbound connections on. my ip is 98.*.*.130 his ip is 98.*.*.111. The funny thing is. He can have a static IP if he wanted to pay $10 more a month, whereas with TWC you are not able to get an static ip with residential.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Its strange its using 4.ghz and actualy is illegal from an FCC stand point as that network is ONLY for public safety. I wonder if they're using a TWC Biz Class. For that you could get a static IP and i think they charge like $10 for them.

I wonder if the City knows how this system is set up due to the fact is is VERY dangrous for anyone to be on the same network they use for Fire/Police.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

I should correct myself, the 5gmesh is 5 and the city service is 4 as you had said. Also, it is not a business class. As I had said it is the same subnet as me. IP resolves to cpe*.woh.res.rr.com which Is why I find the static ip odd.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

does the Biz side use woh.res.rr.com or do they use woh.biz.rr.com? It's been a long time since i've used Biz Class in TWC areas, but when i had it in Fremont I thought it always aid woh.res.rr.com And by using Cable it would explain how they were able to move offices so quick from Stone Street to West State. Something doesn't set well though. I find it odd that a company like them was able to come out of no where, obtain the money from the City with no RFP to build the 4ghz network and also be able to build out their "mesh" system over night with nobody really knowning anything about them.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

the business class in this area now uses *.central.biz.rr.com As far as the city goes they only have 2 cruisers wired up and it is still beta for that also.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

This is quite funny. I wanna know how they managed to get a Residential account in a business location- unless the modem/main AP is at another location. And with the City that is CRAZY! All that money spent for 2 cars. note to self- no wonder why i haven't moved back!

and Mods- what was removed?

WSHARK
@acsalaska.net

WSHARK to ds5v50

Anon

to ds5v50
said by ds5v50:

Boy have I got a story. 5gmesh is running on Time Warner Cable backbone. My father-in-laws ip is even in the same subnet as mine The system is quite simple really. It is a wireless 4 ghz lan link to 5gmesh receiver. the receiver is tied into a TWC residential modem. it is a natted connection that you would never be able to run inbound connections on. my ip is 98.*.*.130 his ip is 98.*.*.111. The funny thing is. He can have a static IP if he wanted to pay $10 more a month, whereas with TWC you are not able to get an static ip with residential.

Just because your IP Space is in the same /8 as his - doesn't mean 5g is using RR Residential Service.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

it does is the CPE during tracert is coming back on the RR Res side. TWC uses the cep.woh.blah.blah.blah with the MAC ID to give you QOS over residential on Business.

And TWC Mid-Ohio would NOT permit this company to even try and resell any of their connections since they're trying to compete against them.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

1 recommendation

ds5v50 to WSHARK

to WSHARK
it is when the dig -x brings it back as residential.

His IP
;; ANSWER SECTION:
111.66.30.98.in-addr.arpa. 77700INPTRcpe-98-30-66-111.woh.res.rr.com.

My IP
;; ANSWER SECTION:
130.66.30.98.in-addr.arpa. 86400 INPTRcpe-98-30-66-130.woh.res.rr.com.

hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

I just found out that Residential Customers on TWC can get Static IPs. Although there is a catch and only available to certain customers. And if you wish to have a static, you must purchase them through an approved company. if you want more info, at this time, please PM me.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

1 edit

ds5v50

I take it TWC has no D-3 modems with mta's built in. I just recieved my modem and it is not set up for phone. This means I need my old modem and my new one. I better not get double fee for there new modem charges.

Edit: Anyone know if I will have an issue using my 10/100 cards on the new tier? Or will I need to purchase some Giga bit Nics ?

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

There are few models that are all in one here in our area. Arris and Ubee models have them. Your nic card will be fine, the modems will auto detect your card's speed.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to ds5v50

to ds5v50
Mid-Ohio hasn't announced any fees yet. And Resellers are not being charged the fees, nor any caps. Fremont will have a new CaTV HSI provider next week.

ds5v50
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

said by hottboiinnc4:

Mid-Ohio hasn't announced any fees yet. And Resellers are not being charged the fees, nor any caps. Fremont will have a new CaTV HSI provider next week.

Sounds interesting for sure. I have everytrhing up an running and so far so good. speedtest are showing a good connection.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

The prices for the new company are (these are national-non promo rates):

10x1.5 - $65
15x2 - $85
50x5 - $97

Standard Install (required by TWC) $100 - this fee is $50 for a truck roll and $50 for a leased modem- no other modem fees apply.

IP Information:

1 extra DHCP $13
1 usable Static - $18

these prices are available nationally and no caps or frills, and are residential prices.

The website will go live and I will post back the site.