Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chuck02

join:2012-04-05

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)

Removed. This thread is confusing enough as it is.

Hemish

join:2012-05-31
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

I checked on this and the third gig link is due to be installed on the 16th of October and then turned up either at the end of that week or early the next. Roughly 4-5 days after the physical link gets installed.

I'm not being mean with the review on that front. Just saying how it is. Like I said, I appreciate talking directly with someone from Teksavvy about these issues instead of a vague situation we would probably get from Bell or Videotron with a congestion issue. On a Sunday no less. That open-minded mentality is what made me stick with Teksavvy so far and willing to continue for a while as to give a fair review.

That's why I keep updating my review because I know 4-5 months is a short period to judge entirely on this congestion issue when I didn't notice any downtime in that period. Still, like I said, I can't recommend the service for out of office work hours (mostly prime time during evenings) to for my coworkers as a reliable (in term of speed consistency) option from my experience so far.

Annoying for home usage but it's something that can be mostly worked around unless you want Netflix or last minute game download on Steam (which is like my main usage during prime time).

So yeah, don't vanish from this thread, you already know where we come from which might color our speech or make us more accusatory than we should be. On our side, we know Teksavvy dropped the ball a bit and we're right to say it but we also know that you don't have full control of these situations as a TPIA.

Honestly, though. Someone at Teksavvy should have looked at our province and know we would all jump ship from Videotron! Even those new upgrades in speed and data cap are a slap in the face!
I just saw your signature and you mention CEO, after a bit of google I found your last name I think and if I'm right you should be able to get this. There's a reason we call them Vidéoétron around here. :P

Edit : Ah crap, accents won't work here?
Edit2 : Ah, here we go.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

1 edit

Haha oui, j'parle bien le francais... Mon francais ecrit est terrible faque j'hesite toujours. Depuis que j'suis demenage a Chatham, j'en ai perdue.

Ouin, des gros zero qui son tronche essentiellement. Haha

You're right about recommending... And I hate that. And I want to fix it so you can.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bbwarrior

join:2005-12-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

I am being told that more than likely on Thursday, the 25th, the upgrades will begin.

Now, don't take me to the bank on that and keep it may take a little bit of time for things to balance out.

Cheers,

Andre

Any updates ? I miss my unbuffered pr0n ;P

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

said by bbwarrior:

said by TSI Andre:

I am being told that more than likely on Thursday, the 25th, the upgrades will begin.

Now, don't take me to the bank on that and keep it may take a little bit of time for things to balance out.

Cheers,

Andre

Any updates ? I miss my unbuffered pr0n ;P

That's a good question. I just poked internally and have been informed that we were just informed that it is being scheduled for tomorrow instead as they ran into some issues.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

RE: 3rd link - Looks like there's a problem, getting pushed back to tomorrow. No details as to why yet.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bbwarrior

join:2005-12-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to TSI Andre

Thank you both, at least we know they're on it

george2020

join:2012-10-26
Laval, QC

Yesterday night my download in the Laval Fabreville area was between .31 at 10:15 pm to .94 at 11:07 pm
This is really ridiculus extreme low speeds

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Another day another excuse.

Apparently Videotron forgot to plug the wires in at the POI end so we weren't able to turn it up. If we're lucky it will be later today but my guess is that this is going to Monday. Really sorry gang. :/

we're pushing as much as we can..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Andre

Is the 10 gig coming soon after? I imagine it will simplify things and make future upgrades much faster...

I hope Bell stops dragging their feet on 10 gig soon too.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

ghostly57

join:2011-08-22
QC, Canada
reply to george2020

said by george2020:

Yesterday night my download in the Laval Fabreville area was between .31 at 10:15 pm to .94 at 11:07 pm
This is really ridiculus extreme low speeds

Since the start of the problem, the lowest speed I've got to is maybe like 5 Mbps... There's a huge difference lol

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Guspaz

good news! they fixed it! it's live right now...

10gig is ordered.. they're fooling around with some paper work still... but yeah, it *should* make things much more simple once it's in as it will only be a config change on their end. and on our end we'll just have the full 10gig opened up so it should be more simple.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

ghostly57

join:2011-08-22
QC, Canada

Just to make things clear, did they install an extra 1 gig or did they already install the 10 gig link?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to TSI Marc

And now to notify agents

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to ghostly57

just the 1gig... we now have 3 full gig live..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

malquin

join:2005-05-13
Montreal, QC

Just 1 more gig? ... Fine, we'll take it

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

10gig is on order.. going as fast as fast can be! let us know if all is good in the evenings now.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

george2020

Laval, QC
reply to TSI Andre

Does that mean no more .31mbps downloads in Laval ?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Yep, It should... Try it out and let us know.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

george2020

Laval, QC

Based on tests between 6 and 10:45 pm it seems it has been fixed. If ever it occurs again I will notify you in this forum
Thanks

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

Excellent!

ffffffffffff

@teksavvy.com

Wow, fixed?

Not according to me. I'm back here because it's still NOT fixed. Last night was as crap as the last month.

What the hell is going on?

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5

Hello,

Very sorry to hear you are still having issues. At this point everything should be working normally. Can you please post here: »TekSavvy Direct with your account info so we can look into this for you?

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to ffffffffffff

It looks like you have a different problem.. Could be node congestion in your local area.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Hemish

join:2012-05-31
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC
reply to TSI Andre

I felt like playing Dirt 2 yesterday and my download on Steam was giving me my 30mbits. I'll try and do more tests tonight as Sunday evening is one of the big evenings of the week.

Expand your moderator at work

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to ffffffffffff

Re: Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)

Seems ok here, in sunny Pierrefonds....

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
reply to TSI Pierre

Not bad ... finally got over 20 Mbits after 10 test (normal speed is 15 Mbits)

gatineaugirl

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

Hello,

I switched from Acanac and signed up with teksavvy for 30mbps cable back in August 23rd and finally received my installation on the September 24th. For the long period of time I had to wait to get internet services, I was credited one week - $15.00. OK - not a great credit but fair enough.

Now skip forward to November 2nd and I have to say that only the last 3 days have I actually been satisfied with my service. I am now receiving high speeds of 23mbps to 34mbps on a consistent basis and maybe about 15mbps - 22mbps during peak time from 2-7.

The problem is - this past month I was having slow speeds of 5mbps to 15mbps on a daily basis during peak times and 2mbps - 10mbps at night! I am very happy that the problem has been resolved but I don't agree that I should pay $69 when I was getting less than quarter of the advertised cable speed. I just spoke with TSI representatives about this (keep in mind, my calls have been documented on my file and they were fully aware of the Quebec speed issue) and this was their response:

"Unfortunately, and we do agree, that slow speeds & service not meeting expectations can be very frustrating. But as for slow speeds, unfortunately we don't provide a credit for these. We do sell the service as an "Up To" as there never is a guarantee of what can/could/would/will happen." - TSI Martin

I have also heard this before from another tech support representative during a call on October 14.

I would like to get an honest response from a few of you who experienced these consistent slow speeds. Is this a fair policy?

and if you had cable with acanac - were the speeds any better or were there also issues in quebec?

I certainly expect there to be an impact on cable speeds during peak time and during congestion periods...but IMHO, less than 15mbps is not worth $69.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

Hello Gatineaugirl,

If you can PM me your account information TSI Jon See Profile, I would like to look into your account and follow up on this.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.