how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

monicakm

join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

HN New Low

Aug 20th-filed complaint with BBB due to the unacceptable service I'd had for nearly a year.
No contact from HN or the BBB
About 2 weeks later, my browsing and download speeds went into overdrive. It was great! It was short lived! About 2.5 or 3 weeks later it went back down.

Sent a followup email to BBB.
HN calls and wants to send out a new modem. I tell him that won't help, it's already been done.
"oh, but this is a new model". I remind him that my speeds improved without any new equipment. All it took was an email to the BBB.
"well let's try it anyway. And I'd like you to run speed and browsing tests for me. I'll call back to see how the modem is working and discuss the test results".

That was mid week last week. He was to call back Wed, I think it was. NO phone call...oh, and the new modem, as expected, didn't help.

I go to the BBB website today to update the (non)progress and am greeted with this...
Complaint Closed Assumed Resolved
The Better Business Bureau has determined that the business has addressed the disputed issues and has closed the complaint

Whaaaaat??? So apparently HN has told the BBB they've satisfactorily fixed my problem?? I don't think so!

HN executive care just got an email from me. BBB will get one later today and I'll be calling corporate in a few minutes. I hate these people! Ok maybe hate is too strong of a word. On second thought, no it's not!

Example:
Sept 5 at 3:30PM my download speed (HN test) 2536kbps
Sept 26 at 6:20PM...294kbps
Sept 26 at 11:00PM...64kbps

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
64kbps? I thought you subscribed to broadband.

Not surprising. Hughes has an A+ with the BBB. That is unnaturally high for an ISP. Not even Sonic.net has an A+. Further proof that the BBB is a useless organization.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
Getting an A+ for a company that has so many complaints is simply due to the fact that HUGHES infuses a high "membership fee" to the BBB. Just like was described above, the BBB closed the case even though it was not resolved.

the BBB really doesn't have any power or mediation authority. they simply take the complaint and forward it to the business, and keep a record of it.

You will get better results by emailing the contacts shown on the page directly to Hughes (which at one time were posted).

In case you missed them...

bbbdc@hughes.net
executivecustomercare@hughes.net

said by silbaco:

64kbps? I thought you subscribed to broadband.

Not surprising. Hughes has an A+ with the BBB. That is unnaturally high for an ISP. Not even Sonic.net has an A+. Further proof that the BBB is a useless organization.

Kman08

@184.21.45.x
reply to monicakm
Yeah, I spoke about this topic over on the Hughesnet community when Sara blasted out the they have an A+ rating with the BBB. That will, can, and does happen sometimes. The compliant filer should be the one to close the case not the respondent or even the BBB. I can understand if they try to contact the complaint filer but cannot reach them after a given time though.

monicakm

join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX
This is my 3rd (maybe 4th) complaint to the BBB and the result has always been positive.

Update: The day after I blasted another email to the executive office and BBB (Monday Oct 1), I get a call from "Josh", the guy that said he'd call back and didn't. He said he tried calling me back after telling me to run the test but missed me. Said he left messages. No messages and the caller ID showed exactly three calls from the HN number. One last week on the 26th (his first contact with me). I called him back that same day. No more calls from HN again till yesterday (after my email on Monday). He called twice yesterday. First to say the complaint was not closed and to say he did try calling...BBB showed complaint closed and caller ID showed he did not call when he said he did. Doesn't everybody have caller ID and doesn't everyone KNOW everyone else has caller ID?

He still can't/won't explain why my browsing and download speeds went into warp speed less than 2 weeks after I first complained. First time I'd had those speeds in almost a year and I'm to believe it was a coincidence?

He is sending a technician to the house to check everything here on my end (at their expense). Looks like I got a call from Worldwide Tech while I was out today. Didn't leave a message.

Noticed speeds were increased again today. No buffering for YouTube videos. Also had a call from David Dennis of the BBB, a Trade Practice Consultant. Missed that call as well. Will call him back tomorrow.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

1 edit
reply to monicakm
you're fighting a losing battle. At some point, Hughes will just get tired of dealing with you and offer to cancel your service and contract with no ETF.

ECC got tired of dealing with me, so their solution was "WE DO NOT GUARANTEE SPEEDS". You can cancel and leave, and DO NOT MESSAGE ECC again.

I left, didn't look back.

have you written..

bbbdc@hughes.net
executivecustomercare@hughes.net

?